Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get rid of the "x has joined Spectators" message
You have to remember that other servers do not restrict spectator to staff only.. spectator being restricted is a custom modification. On the same token wouldn't it look dumb if prophunt didn't announce people joining spectators by default?

In any case I'll see if I can remove the message

Fretta, the gamemode framework Prop Hunt uses, is responsible for team notifications, so you will have to go into those gamemode files and change it. I can't really give an exact example because I don't have the exact prophunt version the server uses

In the GM:TeamChangeNotification function, if it's not already in there, edit the code to make an if statement that looks something like this:
Code:
if( newteam == TEAM_SPECTATOR ) then
    return false
else
    chat.AddText( oldTeamColor, nick, color_white, " joined ", newTeamColor, newTeamName );
end

On line 166 my GM:TeamChangeNotification function looks like this

Messages In This Thread
Get rid of the "x has joined Spectators" message - by reinaberg - 08-22-2021, 01:34 AM
RE: Get rid of the "x has joined Spectators" message - by RussEfarmer - 08-22-2021, 06:47 PM