Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Option on the Vending Machine
@Agent Barton Agent Farton  :D , if I get accepted to staff then I'll definitely be reaching out for coaching on how to be an effective staff member.  I also plan to upload short (ie: 30 second) video clips of VC interactions for higher staff to review to make sure I'm doing things right. 
I gained quite a thick skin from my coaching/teaching experience, and the vitriol spewed in the VC isn't much worse than what I've experienced in MW1 and MW2 lobbies when I was younger.  I don't think I'm going to have any issues with what's thrown at me by the players.

As for application of the rules fairly, I've already had several conversations with people I know on the server about that.  I will be applying the rules uniformly regardless of social standing/friendship on the server. In my opinion, any favoritism undermines staff integrity as a whole.  What many people that get mad at staff don't realize is staff action is not a personal attack on them.  It's simple cause and effect.  Micspam and get warned, ghost and get a ban request, etc.  I've told friends and regulars I've talked with about becoming staff that if they do something that warrants action according to the PH guidelines, then I will take action because that's what's fair.

Smelllman

PS: finish Subnautica if you haven't, the ending is wild.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Staff Option on the Vending Machine - by reinaberg - 09-05-2021, 07:37 PM
RE: Staff Option on the Vending Machine - by I EAT HAMSTERS - 09-07-2021, 11:38 AM
RE: Staff Option on the Vending Machine - by dong - 09-16-2021, 09:21 AM