Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense
I was going to make another "permanent bans bad" thread and say the same crap as I usually do, but I figured I would talk about something that's ACTUALLY annoying..

These are the punishment guidelines for cases of RDM:
[Image: unknown.png]

I'm sure staff members here know this very well. 3 clear cut cases of RDM result in the player being permabanned. As in, if I walk up to 3 people with my deagle and click on them, and my reports are not forgiven, I am permanently banned and can never play the server again without appealing.

Now, these are the punishment guidelines for racism:

Can anyone please explain to me why in the case of saying racial slurs in chat, something that is very obviously something you should not be doing anywhere (unlike mass RDM, you cant expect everyone to know how to play TTT), it escalates from a warning + mute, ANOTHER warning plus mute, a day ban, then a "3-7 day ban", then FINALLY after FIVE OFFENSES a permanent ban? Obviously people get banned faster if they are spamming, but my point still stands. If you want to get permabanned on Dinks TTT as fast as possible, it is literally faster to shoot 3 people in the head than it is to spam racial slurs in the chat.

Now lets look at player harassment guidelines:
This one makes more sense at least, but when you put it next to the mass RDM punishment escalation it makes it look like a joke. If I join the server and start bullying and harassing a random player right now, I would be muted, banned for a week maximum, then only after that would I get banned permanently. For mass RDM? I shoot 3 people and I would already be on step 3. That makes absolutely no sense.

The amount of people that appeal permanent mass RDM bans is ridiculous when people get handed temporary bans for screaming the N word. It should be the other way around: people screaming the N word should get the instaban, Mass RDMers should still get banned, but maybe a more reasonable time frame than forever.. 2 weeks to 2 month depending on severity perhaps?

Again, let me lay it out in the simplest way I can:
Screaming racial slurs over the microphone = I get warned & gagged, I can do it again right after and probably just get muted again. After that, I probably get like a week ban or something idk. Then after that I join the server and do the same racist shit and get permabanned
Shooting 3 people in the head = permabanned instantly lmfao

Please fix????

Messages In This Thread
Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense - by RussEfarmer - 09-05-2021, 08:33 PM
RE: Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense - by reinaberg - 09-15-2021, 12:06 PM
RE: Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense - by reinaberg - 09-15-2021, 12:47 PM