Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense
(09-06-2021, 04:24 AM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote: Perma ban for mass rdm is good I think. With the amount of people that still mass rdm and get banned for it decreasing the ban to not be permanent would only increase the amount of people mass RDMing thus ruining the gameplay experience for everyone trying to play the game how it’s meant to be played. My main thought is if they aren’t playing the game how it’s meant to be played then that person does not need to be there. Some may argue saying maybe they don’t know how to play but my counter argument to you would be that you don’t just join a ttt server (or any server) shooting everyone you see. If you don’t know how to play then learn. That’s how I and everyone else did it. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

I said this in a few other threads but if you shorten a permaban down to a 6 month ban for mass RDM (A very long ban, but not forever), the guy that got banned for mass RDM is going to get unbanned after 6 months or more and probably not even realize he even mass RDMed on this specific server.

Some people legitimately don't know how to play TTT but a lot of people do it to mess around for laughs as you said.. and I agree with the statement that if they are going to be a disruption and not play the game how it's meant to be played they don't need to be there, but do you really think that whoever that 15 year old kid who thought it would be funny to join a TTT server and get banned on purpose for mass RDM is going to remember a single detail about that 15 minute timewaster he pulled 6 months prior?

A lot of people said the idea with the permaban for mass RDM is so they can appeal, and the ones who don't bother to appeal we don't want in our community. Someone appealing a Mass RDM ban a year after it happened is not going to have any recollection of what the hell they even did to get banned, if they want to get unbanned they're going to just make a forum post saying "uhhh no idea why im banned here but it was like 40 years ago so sorry I guess?" and the admins are all like "lol alrighty." What is even the point of the appeal process at that point if we're making people appeal their bans to the community for doing something so mundane? I would want people to appeal for screaming racial slurs or hacking or something.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense - by RussEfarmer - 09-06-2021, 09:44 AM
RE: Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense - by reinaberg - 09-15-2021, 12:06 PM
RE: Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense - by reinaberg - 09-15-2021, 12:47 PM