Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense
I want to give my basic input, as someone who helps handle reports when I'm on. Mass RDM bans are almost exclusive to people who intentionally RDM, have no previous existence or a poor history on the server, AND do so in a manner where they are intentionally trying to cause issues. These bans help lower the active number of trolls that are on the server, but are also avoided most of the time with active members since the members of the community can be rather forgiven. I have not seen anyone with any sort of hours do anything that warrants a mass RDM ban. Nor have I seen anyone who's generally tried to follow the rules and be a part of it get a mass RDM ban. Most of the time, these bans are up to these details.
1. How many people did they kill, or attempt to kill.
2. Did any of these rdm's have any backing, or was the person apologetic about it if they just got trigger happy and over-excited that round. 
3. Has the person caused an issue with the same thing before.
4. Did they stay and offer to serve their punishment, or take off the moment multiple slays are added to try and avoid having to confront the issue. 

I've seen people appeal, and be genuine and get given multiple chances. I've seen far more people not appeal, and only come on ones to kill everyone they can before being put down, and then leave some disgusting remarks in the reports followed by leaving before any punishment can be issued.

If you can show me any evidence to the contrary, I'd be open to take it into consideration with my opinion. But I think that the current punishment system for this offense is valid, and effective. 

-1 for the removal of permaban for mass RDM, maybe +1 for a adjustment of the circumstances that lead to a ban. I think people should be given an option to server their mass in slays, if they seem sincerely apologetic and didn't just run up to every person, detective, and even in some bad cases their T buddies just blind firing at their face.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense - by Caballs Deep - 09-15-2021, 04:31 AM
RE: Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense - by reinaberg - 09-15-2021, 12:06 PM
RE: Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense - by reinaberg - 09-15-2021, 12:47 PM