Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October Moderation Update
A couple of things..
With an all out ban on alt accounts, even for unban requests, what is the process for appealing a community ban? The only way to be able to submit an appeal is through the forums, but if you are banned on the forums you can't do that.. unless you talk to an admin through Discord, but community banned people don't have access to the discord without alt evading. Are alts allowed on the Discord? The only other option would be adding an admin or moderator on steam, which isn't a very elegant process because I'm guessing if someone gets a friend request from what looks like a complete stranger, it's going in the trash.

I was mostly fine with the way warnings were given before this change.. it was definitely the most fair moderation system we've had on the forums. Warnings last about a month, and if you get 5 points against you, you enter moderator approval mode, which I think is a perfect compromise to getting full on banned. A shitposting warning is worth 2 points, so if you an entire three times (god help us, I know) in a whole month, you enter moderator approval mode. I am obviously an extremely funny forum user, one of the funniest if I may add, so I am biased, but I think that's pretty fair. You also say that 10 points in a month is a ban, which I don't even know HOW you get 10 points in a month considering you're set to moderator approval after 5, so I would say that's pretty fair with the current warning system.

For users with above 10 points in their history (usually this happens through shitposting a little more than ur supposed to, crazy right?), what exactly would this "escalation" be? Would the warning points you get for shitposting increase? Will the moderator approval mode translate into a temp ban? Also how does this translate for people with historic punishments? I have a whopping 8 point warning from Scoovie I got back in 2017, plus a couple of shitposting warnings, so I'm already well above that 10 point threshold. If I shitpost right now do I get temp banned, or is the logic different for old punishments?

Foxka said it jokingly but I do think that shitposting has its place here in dinks.. do you think I visit the forums just to fall asleep reading some guys sleezy staff application or yet another gun rebalancing thread? I do, but that would be a lot less boring without seeing peoples wise cracks.. it's a gaming community forum, not a Microsoft Yammer board for an accounting firm.. if I wanted to look at boring crap all day I would just drive back to work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: October Moderation Update - by Mother Nuru. - 10-11-2021, 07:29 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by Linfalas - 10-11-2021, 07:32 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by Foxka - 10-11-2021, 07:32 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by RussEfarmer - 10-11-2021, 08:41 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by HONG - 10-11-2021, 08:50 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by Agent Barton - 10-11-2021, 10:08 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by Laced Xanax - 10-11-2021, 10:23 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by Battons - 10-11-2021, 11:05 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by David - 10-12-2021, 10:14 AM