Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October Moderation Update
Russ,
I have tried to impress upon the current admin team the severity of what a community ban should be and it’s handling so that we do not see something like 2019. I will not see a congested mass community ban that could and should have been handled differently prior while I hold a say, or at the very least will not condone such on the forums. That being said I do not believe a community ban should be appealed. It is my opinion and not all agree with me, tho do have a proportionally high bar to get there. As it is you can only make an unban appeal through the account anyways, this would change it to the one account so forcing it to be through the main. It does fall apart if discord upholds such a standard, but they don’t and I’m not sure they actually can detect and prevent that as well as the forums can allow. As I see it the ban should cut contact with the person from the community best as we can and so if such a ban means they can’t contact io come from it then well that’s kinda the point. I would hope at least one admin would see if a ban is complete bullshit and be able to guide the person out of their ban.
There is also not a moderator mode. It led to admins having to cherry pick posts for x amount of time. At 6 points it’s a week suspension, at 8 points 2 weeks, and 10 a ban of 0 length. The rework may tweak that when introducing a temp ban system, but those are mostly dependent on “repeat offenders” in the escalation stage. The escalation means an admin should not use a lighter or no warn for deleting say a shitpost, or just moving the shitpost into shitposting therefore making it no longer an issue. Unfortunately there has been a bit of cherry picking who gets more free passes than others with that kind of move so I am adding that and more verbiage to prevent inconsistent moderation.
I won’t be upholding the random value 2017-18 warns. I don’t want to go THAT far back for ping counting, plus back then it was random assignment that didn’t utilize any automated system. It was basically just how mad the admin was back then on a scale of 1 to 10. I will be counting using the warn system as established. Idk if I’ll even bother converting old ones yet, and some might be too random to try and guess at anyways. As to temp ban escaltion that we are still decking on, I don’t know yet. It may be a certain number of warns, it may be a certain point cap again, or it may be a certain level/importance of warn. All have their own cons.
As to shitposting having its place sure. Not in staff sections tho. I get we used to shit on every murder app that came through but we’re actually trying to get those off the ground. Idc what little quip you put in there, but you need to be pointed at the app/request in spirit. Otherwise someone gets butthurt that they were told their opinion isn’t valid.
Several of these are pointed at the feedback of the survey I made. Some are at specific issues seen over the last year. I left this open for further feedback on how to implement moderation, but not for people to be upset that they won’t get their daily dose of toxicity. Try 4chan or Reddit. Or Twitter. Or join both left and right winged Facebook groups and bait boomers for fun. But as it is a lot of people are run off the forums because of a much smaller number of people shitting in the street. Wise crack if you want, but don’t be mad if you get dinged for telling players to get out of sections Bc they play a different subgame of the 10 year old game everyone still plays. (Those aren’t directed at you).

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon

Messages In This Thread
RE: October Moderation Update - by Mother Nuru. - 10-11-2021, 07:29 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by Linfalas - 10-11-2021, 07:32 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by Foxka - 10-11-2021, 07:32 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by RussEfarmer - 10-11-2021, 08:41 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by HONG - 10-11-2021, 08:50 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by matt_st3 (Strongrule) - 10-11-2021, 09:39 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by Agent Barton - 10-11-2021, 10:08 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by Laced Xanax - 10-11-2021, 10:23 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by Battons - 10-11-2021, 11:05 PM
RE: October Moderation Update - by David - 10-12-2021, 10:14 AM