Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Case Against 'ThePhoenix'
I was trynna do you and the people who would handle this mess a favor dawg. I’m locking this now. Sorry not sorry, but even if there was more to be said there’s sufficient evidence to make a case anyways. I’ll read your dms in the morning, but in the mean time I advise you contact any other ttt admin online. Goodnight.
Remember that this is a ban request and to post towards such - starting arguments in a thread is a no no and 5 pages is already a lot for the Friday before Halloween.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I think I just accidentally post unlocked this

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
This dude just tricked the whole community ^ happy early Halloween lul
Hello,
Since this was intended to be a dual discord-TTT ban request, I will be treating it as such. However, I do want the precident clarified that these should be created as separate requests in the future.
I had the discord staff team do a bit of an audit on The Phoenix#0215's behavior in the discord. The result can be broken down into 6 "Cases". They are labeled as such in the evidence I have provided below.
Thanks to my team for helping in an unbiased manner, especially @B0T.ikillyou and @Here lies Eggroll's reputation. who both spent quite a while scanning the discord to audit The Phoenix' behavior.
The gathered report is here: https://imgur.com/a/hQfuCaI

Case 1: NSFW & Harassment - making a rape joke in the discord violates discord TOS. Notably, the joke was made against the person who made this ban request, NotRand (also known as "Bunniey". Titling your video "Bunniey_rapes_me.mp4" is not acceptable. This is grounds for a permanent ban from the discord. The content of the video is lost; the issue here is the title alone.
Case 2: Harassment - From what I can tell, @JesseTheUndeadCowboy was trying to keep the peace in the discord. To jab at Jesse in such as way was frankly unprovoked and unwarranted. Harassment is not welcome in this community.
Case 3: Harassment - Again, Jesse was asking a genuine question, trying to help.
Case 4: Inciting Drama, Toxicity, and Shitposting - spamming gifs and stirring up a random conversation to take stabs at the community is the definition of inciting drama. It isn't welcome and makes the discord a toxic environment to hang out in. While this ban thread was discussed earlier, the conversation had moved far forward from that point, and was fully derailed from a discussion on TTT maps to drama.
Case 5: Inciting drama - if you think someone did something stupid, report it to a staff member via the report function or DM's. This is just so unnecessary.
Case 6: Ghost ping of hani (provided by myself and @bunniey in the thread) - this is harassment and also annoying, though not really a factor in this ban. But since it was the only discord instance cited originally, I wanted to quote it here. And no, i'm not banning Phoenix because of pinging hani.

Given all of this information, The Phoenix will be permanently banned from discord for Harassment (including sexual harassment/jokes of sexual violence), Inciting Drama, and Toxicity. Factoring into this ban includes the previous TTT bans for toxicity-related issues, as Rand has provided in his presentation. However, the appropriate punishment on the vast majority Realistically, Case 1 is the only reason why it wasn't a temporary ban of a month or so, but jokes violating TOS to that degree have a zero-tolerance policy.

This is not a community ban unilaterally agreed upon by the admins - this isn't a proper case for it in my opinion, and I would not vote in support of such a ban. Community bans are only to be implemented in the most severe of cases, the vast majority of which involve illegal activity. Toxicity as the reason for a community ban would take a lot more than what has happened here.

This is only action taken by me, unilaterally (though with consultation of the discord staff team), and only applies to the discord. This is not intended to influence any TTT action that the TTT admin team may wish to take.

I will add my personal comments here - Phoenix isn't the only guilty party here. I'm a bit disgusted with how several members of our community have acted during this time - including members of the staff team. I'm only accounting for drama that Phoenix instigated, or greatly expanded upon - but several of you worked hard to make the incident a bigger deal than it needed to be. The way to handle someone who is toxic in our community is to gather evidence and present it as @bunniey did - not by harassing the individual involved. I leave you lot with an inspriational quote. I expect better out of many of you.
"When they go low, you go high." -Michelle Obama

Thank you for the ban report, action described has been enacted. This ban request will remain locked and unarchived for TTT Admin review.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
After revewing everything given to me I've decided best to ban ThePhoenix for 1 week and 3 days, the maximum punishment for trolling/flaming is 1 week, and 3 days for harassment of staff and other players. You may find the staff guidelines which based this punishment here.
[attachment=3084]
If you have any questions, please reach out to a member of the admin team.