Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bans
(04-30-2017, 03:16 AM)❤ Miss Mari â¤ Wrote:  which is given nonstop warnings to stop but never punished for it until much much much later, like bantz for example

Yeah DanUk didn't do anything and he was banned (all he did was say he didn't agree with his friends being banned twice)
[Image: original.gif]
Please try to keep previous bans out of this discussion so we can keep it civil as possible...
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
If y'all don't stop talking about old bans...

This is why we can't have nice things.

(04-30-2017, 12:08 AM)queef commando Wrote: I fully agree. I tried to add "warning" as a first step to all the rules where I could get others to agree to it because bans matter. The offender should know exactly what they did wrong and why its wrong before they get banned. Staff should be telling people what they did wrong, and give the benefit of the doubt if it seems like the person legitimately didn't know what they were doing is wrong. Compassion and understanding other people's points of view is what fosters a community and allows it to grow. Removing people in their first few days of playing because they didn't get the rules or how to play is silly. They might well have gone on to be a valuable member of our community, but were not given the chance.

Now that's not to say we should never ban or slay anyone. There are obviously people looking to troll and get a reaction. But staff should take every effort to determine whether the person in question falls into that category or not before issuing any harsh punishment.
Exactly. That's what I'm getting at.
(04-30-2017, 03:16 AM)❤ Miss Mari â¤ Wrote:
(04-30-2017, 12:08 AM)queef commando Wrote: I fully agree. I tried to add "warning" as a first step to all the rules where I could get others to agree to it because bans matter. The offender should know exactly what they did wrong and why its wrong before they get banned. Staff should be telling people what they did wrong, and give the benefit of the doubt if it seems like the person legitimately didn't know what they were doing is wrong. Compassion and understanding other people's points of view is what fosters a community and allows it to grow. Removing people in their first few days of playing because they didn't get the rules or how to play is silly. They might well have gone on to be a valuable member of our community, but were not given the chance.

Now that's not to say we should never ban or slay anyone. There are obviously people looking to troll and get a reaction. But staff should take every effort to determine whether the person in question falls into that category or not before issuing any harsh punishment.

I think some people we are too harsh on, and others not harsh enough. For example, if someones trolling and theyve made it very apparent theyre trolling, they should be punished a little more harshly than they usually are. Or if someones targeting and harassing other people nonstop, they should be punished a little more harshly than they usually are, which is given nonstop warnings to stop but never punished for it until much much much later, like bantz for example. While if someone is new to the game and accidentally mass rdms, they do not deserve to be permanently banned for it, They should be allowed to get a second chance. Or if someone accidentally ghosts, because they dont know what it is, they should just be warned, instead of instant "oh you ghosted, you just bought yourself a perma".

I hope what I said made sense, it's really late at night and im tired.

That does make sense and I agree wholeheartedly. I have an idea for mass RDM as you said it, wait for a report to come in. If their response is saying they're new to the game/they don't know what they're doing, then by all mean I think it shouldn't be a straight up permaban. If they respond to a report with "ddfajkdfkjaf;a" or something then they clearly have intent to be a dick and should be banned, I think. As for ghosters, I do that already and I think it's a good thing to do- One time I was last inno, and while I had the intuition that I was, I still couldn't be certain from the scoreboard. Someone psayed me "you got this you're the only one" and I didn't try to get him banned, I just told him to not do that and be more careful because that's what could happen. Seeing that people have been banned for doing less than that, I think ghosting, especially when someone isn't aware it is, should warrant a warning first before going for the ban unless multiple intentional RDMs (e.g. "my friend said you were a traitor in steam chat").
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
^ That is pretty much how both of those situations should always be handled tks @Dildo Shwaggins
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
I agree. There has been a lot of permeant bans lately that is obvious the community is against. Its evident because they leave the community. A permanent ban should be the last option even after a week or a month ban. You banning someone whose put in weeks of their life into this one server makes others feel on edge about it. Thus wanting them to leave because they rather not even waste the time if they could just get ousted in a day with no chance of coming back.

Locking the threads early is another problem. If it's mid discussion, then it should be locked. If its spinning out of control, then thats where locking should come into play.
[Image: sYlL3bD4Bf9Cg.gif][Image: u7gAmp9lCZWPC.gif]
@queef commando https://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/...125.0.html
Please consider adding this. ^^
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(05-01-2017, 07:03 AM)Everyjuan Wrote: @queef commando  https://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/...125.0.html

This would probably be fine short term, but given that its ulysses team it's probably keeping everything in loose text files like they always do. So if the servers around for a couple more years it'll lag up shit then. I'll see if I can interface it with mysqloo soon maybe.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
(05-01-2017, 04:46 PM)queef commando Wrote:
(05-01-2017, 07:03 AM)Everyjuan Wrote: @queef commando  https://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/...125.0.html

This would probably be fine short term, but given that its ulysses team it's probably keeping everything in loose text files like they always do. So if the servers around for a couple more years it'll lag up shit then. I'll see if I can interface it with mysqloo soon maybe.

I can handle that mayhaps. Lemme boot the the test server up and load it.