Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the whole reputation thing
It's easier to moderate a shitpost than rep manipulation until we figure out a better way to handle it. Simply put.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
imo it’s a dumb idea cause now it’ll be harder for people to get instant feedback on decisions, if a player says something misleading/ dishonest, then other players will only know if they get directly called out for it. also if admins make a mistake on a decision they will only know if they get directly called out on it. If an idea is good on a thread it will only be reinforced if people repeat the same thing over and over. if a player constantly gets downvoted its probably for a good reason, like being a compulsive liar or manipulative.
You are able to direct +/- someone's rep via profile, and it has you provide a reason for said rep point, maybe find a way to have a reason provided required before the change can be allowed?
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
-1 but also a +1
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I agree that rep, as dumb as it may sound, is probably better implemented than not.

I understand Travis and Matt are hard at work on new rules for rep manipulation, which may bring it back. I support it being in place, primarily for the reasons @ratty described (+1 rep to the rat). There comes a time when the system can be abused, such as when informative posts (e.g. posting a steam ID or evidence without an opinion) gets hit hard, or when someone -1's every single post in a thread.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
What rules can you set into place about reputation that aren't already a thing? Unless you're suggesting that someone getting downvoted for making stupid decisions or some other legitimate reason is also rep manipulation, in which case I call complete bullshit.
I agree with what ratty and Jammin said tbh. I do understand Matt and Travis are hard at working on the forums and stuff but the rep stuff does help some stuff. But eitherway I gave some suggestions on how to change the system to Matt. Eitherway I’m fine with rep being disabled personally but I will miss it tbh.
I mean, idc about rep. I'd rather feel like I can actually speak on the forums without people taking away my rep. Not that I care about rep enough to cry for the rep system to come back but it was nice seeing big number go up lol. Maybe a break from rep will teach people to behave later on.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
(11-02-2021, 06:44 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: I agree with what ratty and Jammin said tbh. I do understand Matt and Travis are hard at working on the forums and stuff but the rep stuff does help some stuff. But eitherway I gave some suggestions on how to change the system to Matt. Eitherway I’m fine with rep being disabled personally but I will miss it tbh.
Having no total rep but only rep on individual posts that don’t contribute to a combined number could potentially fix this, but then again, probably not.
(11-02-2021, 07:10 PM)HONG Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 06:44 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: -snip
Having no total rep but only rep on individual posts that don’t contribute to a combined number could potentially fix this, but then again, probably not.
I was thinking maybe limiting how much rep you could do in a time period or on a specific thread maybe idk. That or a reaction system could be nice too.