Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the whole reputation thing
Mostly I’m just watching and seeing suggestions but total rep is not the concern, it’s the dogpiles. Of all the comments that I can recall offhand they were about the post reps. The mass -1s, the same groups involved hand in hand with toxic threads that would lead to large downvotes, some instances of individuals going after each other, and of course mine being the time it takes to go through find and catalogue internet points when an idiot mass -1s 35 people on various threads.

Only pos rep with totals would essentially be farming and doesn’t do a lot for feedback. Only pos rep without totals is slightly better, but still not great for feedback. Only neutral rep has same as above. Taking out just totals doesnt do much to solve core concerns; I don’t see totals as the issue. A full new system comes with its own varying pros/cons depending on which system but still has the capacity to dogpile on posts. No rep system has the benefit of no problems and people must comment to give feedback (yes “+rep” can become spam) but kills all secondary feedback and a system in place that has been around for a long time. Didn’t really see these issues back in the day much. But, all of the above is worth exploring and most would be simpler to moderate if needed at all.

One I will note is that opt out is possible as I understand it, and I haven’t explored it all yet, but strikes me as a formal way to bully someone out of the system. It may be a partial answer tho, incorporated into other suggestions.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Again, only +rep and private total is the best. Sleepy

When you agree with something, you +1. No need for flooding threads with "+rep" posts. :@

When you don't agree, you're forced to explain why with a reply instead of -1ing with no explanation. Avoids pettiness. Adds to discussion. Cool

No total means less incentive to farm. :D

There's a reason why a lot of social media sites don't have a dislike button. Dodgy
(11-03-2021, 10:33 PM)aethy Wrote: Snip
I agree with Mr. 0 here 

+rep  :)
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
(11-03-2021, 10:33 PM)aethy Wrote: No need for flooding threads with "+rep" posts.

Do you have an example of this being done by people who aren't shitposting during the time the forums spent without reputation?
(11-03-2021, 11:23 PM)Reina Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 10:33 PM)aethy Wrote: No need for flooding threads with "+rep" posts.

Do you have an example of this being done by people who aren't shitposting during the time the forums spent without reputation?
See the post above yours.

clicking +1 > writing a 1-5 word response for the sake of expressing agreement that people will scroll past anyway.
(11-03-2021, 11:42 PM)aethy Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 11:23 PM)Reina Wrote:

See the post above yours.

clicking +1 > writing a 1-5 word response for the sake of expressing agreement that people will scroll past anyway.
pretty much this

There aren’t any non-shitpost examples because writing a short shitty “i agree let me reiterate on the same points you made” post is pretty much the same level of quality and contributes just as little as a shitpost when writing “+rep agree” rather than just upvoting something and moving on
A suggestions thread for example..

It's much easier to look at the numerical rating of a suggestion rather than having to sift through every page to see who likes what. It reduces clutter and gives actual suggestions more visibility.
(11-03-2021, 11:59 PM)aethy Wrote: A suggestions thread for example..

It's much easier to look at the numerical rating of a suggestion rather than having to sift through every page to see who likes what. It reduces clutter.

It would be even easier to look at how many people reacted with "Agree" and "Disagree".
(11-04-2021, 12:01 AM)Reina Wrote:

It's much easier to look at the numerical rating of a suggestion rather than having to sift through every page to see who likes what. It reduces clutter.

It would be even easier to look at how many people reacted with "Agree" and "Disagree".
And what is stopping people from mass/petty disagreeing someone they don't like? Wouldn't you rather have disagreements that at least have some basis? Instead of clicking "disagree" and leaving it at that..
(11-04-2021, 12:12 AM)aethy Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 12:01 AM)Reina Wrote:

And what is stopping people from mass/petty disagreeing someone they don't like? Wouldn't you rather have disagreements that at least have some basis? Instead of clicking "disagree" and leaving it at that..

Disagreements almost never have a basis in this community, a button would be better.