Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for the Forums
     I'm not sure if this is entirely feasible, but could we get rid of the quote feature entirely? I get that it has its usage, but I've seen numerous people who are trying to reply to someone, and you can't even see the reply because of how massive the quote is. I've also seen staff throughout the time also complain about when people do this on threads during my tenure here. 

Does removing the quote feature affect the website badly? If it does, then don't bother trying to remove that system; however, I know we got rid of the rep system due to people who were rep manipulating (i.e., me when I told people to mass -1 me and I got -350 rep in like 24 hours) and at first people were annoyed by that but now nobody cares; surely the same thing can be done about quotes? 

I don't really believe it's that difficult to have a duplicated tab to see what the person was trying to say or to just simply do a quick reply rather than a full one if you really need to see what they said to reference it; deleting this feature would also improve the clarity of threads so it can be easier to read through it instead of spending 5 minutes trying to find what someone was trying to say under a massive quote bubble. 

I really can only think of one individual who used the quote feature in an easily comprehensible way, and that was Mr. Laced Xanax. There might be others who do this that I'm not thinking of at the moment, but he would put his responses INSIDE the quote in a different color; as a result, it was quite easy to read what he was trying to say. 

Of course, if this isn't something that is viable, then just simply say so and we can move on, but I was wondering if others had the same opinion I did or if it is even possible.

Thank you for your time, and I hope you have a good day.

-David

Messages In This Thread
Request for the Forums - by David - 01-03-2022, 11:12 AM
RE: Request for the Forums - by Knee Coal Bowlass - 01-03-2022, 12:16 PM
RE: Request for the Forums - by David - 01-03-2022, 12:21 PM
RE: Request for the Forums - by Knee Coal Bowlass - 01-03-2022, 12:47 PM
RE: Request for the Forums - by Jammin - 01-03-2022, 02:26 PM
RE: Request for the Forums - by David - 01-03-2022, 03:28 PM
RE: Request for the Forums - by David - 01-04-2022, 11:41 AM
RE: Request for the Forums - by MissPauling - 01-04-2022, 01:03 AM
RE: Request for the Forums - by Damien - 01-04-2022, 11:31 AM