Mr Clean
IGN: Mr.Clean

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:194330574

Who banned you: Christmas Fish

Length of ban: FOREVER

Reason for ban: Rate changes

Reason for mods to unban you:

Where do I start...

Mr. Clean is sort of new to this game. This was the first server he joined. Now, maybe one of the reasons he had his rates increased was that in most youtube tutorials you see for "how to increase your FPS on gmod" It shows someone putting the cl_cmdrate 100 command into their console/(launch menu thing).

Since Mr.Clean is new to this game, he may not have known that increases your jump height/whatever else it does, and he (like most other players) probably didnt read or see in the rules that rate changing isnt allowed, and that its exploiting.

Also, I don't think he ever received a single warning about it before he was banned. He should have at least been warned once, because since hes semi-new to this game, he might not have known that that is exploiting.

Now, I know he probably won't get unbanned now for one simple reason: He came back on an alt (ban evading)

Mr. Clean didn't know about the forums, so he made an account and came back.

He went out of his way to make a new account just to get back on the server. (This isn't a reason to unban him, just pointing it out.)

I'm sure that if Mr. Clean had known about the forums, he would have made an unban request instead of making a new account.

I think the ban should at least be bumped down to a 1-2 weeks or a month. 

(Made this for Mr. Clean because he has no idea what hes doing ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) )

Have you been banned before?: No
[Image: giphy.gif]
For what it's worth, I'm going to go ahead and say that he shouldn't be banned at all. We have the capability to limit what cl_cmdrate can be limited to in the form of sv_maxcmdrate, and it's been a large blunder on our part to not have done something to fix this outright. As a new player, I doubt he was aware of the consequences or even that it's a rule (since it's relatively obscure, and if you're using a performance config you might not even know you're doing it).

In fact, there's some shit going on; sv_maxcmdrate is set to 99 on the server, when by default it's set to 66. This is easy enough to solve by forcing it to 33, and that'd be the end of that.

[Image: dMzF3H.png]
I'm for 2nd chances. Especially sometime players will use cfgs to help improve FPS, some also having changes to CMDRate in the actual config. So if you had this done, I'd have no problem with having a reduce.

The problem I have here is that you ban evaded using this STEAM ACCOUNT. The Ban Message shows where to go to appeal a ban(unless this hasn't been fixed yet). I'm not sure I feel comfortable with an reduce at this point. He should reappeal in a month or so. Maybe we'll consider a Ban Length Change then. 

Here are the Gbans btw. 1 & 2

If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(01-08-2017, 01:58 AM)Christian Wrote: I'm for 2nd chances. Especially sometime players will use cfgs to help improve FPS, some also having changes to CMDRate in the actual config. So if you had this done, I'd have no problem with having a reduce.

The problem I have here is that you ban evaded using this STEAM ACCOUNT. I want him to explain why he ban evaded when he could of simply made a ban appeal. The fact he attempted to evade decreases his chances of being able to play here. So I want him to explain why he felt it was appropriate to evade the ban, instead of going directly to an appeal.

Here are the Gbans 1 & 2

Admiral Arbok states that he didn't know about the forums.
First off, ban evasion is an immediate permaban without appeal. The forums are linked in the ban message. I'd be neutral on a reduction if the ban message linked to the old forums, however I doubt it would make a difference.

The player should have made an unban themselves. It's a little harsh, but we have to enforce the rules unilaterally. Tell them to explain it to us (and tell the truth) and we'll see how it goes.
Ya, no. He literally flew, Christmas Fish has a recording of this and will post it when he sees this. Mr.clean is a master, and so was his alt btw. When someone asked how he got to where he was he said "I can't tell you, I can't share my secrets" or something along those lines. He ban evaded and now he gets to stay banned for now, he can appeal in a couple months. -1

Edit : If Mr. Clean wants unbanned he can make the unban request himself.
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
One Video Coming right up
[Image: tenor.gif]
Lock the thread ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)
[Image: giphy.gif]