Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips For Catching Ghosters?
I'm assuming that you mean friends being on opposite teams? I mean as far as ghosters it can be subtle or it can be very plainly obvious. 

If they aren't searching they just "know" somehow or if they're periodically going to exact locations on the map. Some hide it well and incorporate hunting with their ghosting, they will hunt around the area but randomly shoot them without really testing them that much. They just pretend/play it off. 

Generally higher than average scores will give it away while being on opposite teams that they're suspected for ghosting. This of course isn't always the case but it is a fairly common way to find out about them. 

That and new people finding I guess "sweatier" spots without much effort would be someone who is suspicious due to it being a spot that most upper leaderboard players would struggle to find or barely know about. 

Of course. This behavior would mainly come after their friend dies on the opposite team. If they suck at hunting while their friend is alive but suddenly turn into a super hunter when their friend dies, that would also be a good clue lol forgot to mention that. 

Generally good ghosting evidence can take 2 rounds or even the whole map, depending on how active they are. 

As far as hackers, there are a couple good tells to find out if they are or not. 

One of these tells being, do they have shake with the default weapons? The default smg, shotgun and magnum generally have no recoil when fired from a spectator point of view. If you see someone spray their gun and it looks like their entire screen is shaking then you can generally assume it's their aimbot. When you use an aimbot on Gmod it constantly shakes if it's a crappy one which is the more common aimbot. This would be an example of the shake that I mentioned. 

Other aimbots would be those that directly lock on to others. For example, a toggled aimbot can lock on to props through walls and if they're not careful with it, other Hunter's heads. 

There's also patterns of them beelining to props, trying to shoot through stuff like walls or destructible surfaces that you couldn't really possibly see through. This is showing a hacker that is beelining to props. When he jumps his auto aim freaks out. 

Hacking evidence generally takes 1 round if they're active or have obvious hacks like the videos posted above. Some can take longer if they're smarter about hiding it.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tips For Catching Ghosters? - by real (4) - 02-09-2022, 09:11 PM
RE: Tips For Catching Ghosters? - by Dude I love ketchup :) yummm - 02-09-2022, 09:21 PM
RE: Tips For Catching Ghosters? - by RussEfarmer - 02-09-2022, 11:46 PM
RE: Tips For Catching Ghosters? - by August - 02-10-2022, 02:16 AM