Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A argument for CS:S
I still don't understand why maps containing CS:S textures is still a thing for ph and murder.

Starting with murder, the game mode itself requires CS:S, That's why the knife is replaced with a butterfly knife because before it used a default CS:S knife but the props weren't switched out so players without CS:S will see big errors on them and it makes a huge map constriction because CS:S maps unpaked are 10-15mb where as if you pak in the textures the file size increases greatly. If the murder server is supposed to be NO CS:S then the announcement that tells players "Texture issues? do !css" (if the announcement isn't there just ignore this part) because there are downloading "useless content" that just increases their game size and loading time. Plus CSTRIKE is already mounted to the server along with tf2 because of the hosting the servers are on.

On Prophunt its a lot of the same stuff as murder. It's claimed as a no CS:S server, we tell them to do !css, and some of the maps already use CS:S props just that the textures are paked into the map. So I don't see why if we have the players already get CS:S you can't use CS:S maps on ph either.

For both, The servers already have CSTRIKE and TF2 mounted to the servers by the host that they are hosted on (I believe that's the reason). Both servers already have their players install CS:S content. Both also already use CS:S textures and props. So I just don't understand why neither server uses CS:S maps when they already use it's content. A great example map for this is clue, it uses CS:S props and textures. So does ph_gasstation and when people can't see the props in that map what's the first thing they get told to do? !css

Yes I am coping and seething because this just makes no sense to me.
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
While I agree, it's because Dink says, find maps with no CSS.
It is out of our hands unfortunately.
I'd love css maps, as our current options for murder are pretty limited due to spawns being so low on most maps/being compatible with our play style/player spawns/etc. I've found so many good ones that are auto no's due to CSS.