Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Movie Review Thread
Simple Idea, watch a movie, put your review here of said movie (Without major spoilers if possible).

My Movie:
Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father.

My Review:
Dear Zachary is a documentary film about Andrew Bagsby and his son Zachary Turner. Andrew Bagsby was murdered by his wife, Shirley Turner, who was released by law technicalities and oversights in governmental processes multiple times. This movie conveys grief, anger, sadness and many more emotions in an insightful and amazing way. You feel angry at the people you should feel anger towards and feel sympathy for the people that you should feel sympathy for. This documentary contains a lot of interviews with co-workers, friends, and family of Andrew, showing their way of dealing with losing a very positive influence in their life.

I rate this documentary a 9/10 and hope that if you watch this someday, you feel the same.
(02-28-2022, 05:59 PM)Damien Wrote: My Movie:
Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father.

This movie is beautiful and had me in tears multiple times. I don't want to spoil anything but this can be a little overwhelming of a movie.
Easy 9/10 if not a 10/10
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
My Movie: Death on the Nile

My Review: Its awful. The dialogue is so mind numbingly stupid and the characters are so dumb its laughable. The main character (the detective) has such a thick french accent that sometimes you can't even understand what they're saying. The direction was insanely stupid. Literally some scenes where they were supposed to be dancing or whatever looked like straight up clothed sex. I visibly cringed at some of the choices. You don't even care about the person who was killed like at all. In my opinion they deserved it, and the murderer is so obvious even a child could figure it out. Also 99% of the movie is clearly in front of a green screen so it just looks terrible. This movie is like as if a teenager who makes Wattpad love stories made a murder mystery and didn't go back to make corrections before posting it. This movie is an extremely rough draft and that is being generous. Also stop fucking hiring Gal Gadot for movies she fucking sucks. I look online to see the reviews and a lot of them being positive!? What the actual fuck. They have to be bribing these people cause I like some shit movies and they have better qualities than this heap of cow shit. 3/10 only cause one of the characters is hot.

Edit: Also their use of Policy of Truth by Depeche Mode (one of my favorite songs) in the trailer is so disrespectful. Depeche Mode having any attachment to this film is a war crime that should be punishable by castration.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
(02-28-2022, 06:49 PM)⋆ Fx ⋆ Wrote: My Movie: Death on the Nile

My Review: Its awful.
I thought it looked like ass lmfao, the general setup looked horribly uninteresting & the ads made me want to not watch it
My Movie: Hachi: A Dog's Tale

My Review:
Hachi: A Dog's Tale is a 2009 American drama film that is an adaptation of the 1987 Japanese film Hachikō Monogatari. The original film told the true story of the Akita dog named Hachikō who lived in Japan in the 1920s. I Really disliked this movie for its dialogue and portrayal of just humans. but man (if you don't already know the movies end big spoiler)
[/spoiler] when the dog died it was the first and only time I cried in a movie[spoiler]
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
My Movie: Ready to Rumble 

My Review: The best movie ever. This movie is as if Jesus created a movie. The Dialogue is chefs kiss from such lines as: "There's a lot of glare coming off that dome of yours SQUIRREL NUTS!" to "I hope your diddly turns black and falls in the crapper."
This review is 100% nostalgia fueled. I grew up with this movie and loved it throughout my lifetime. I can quote this movie word for word. Is it a dumb movie? yes, but that's why I love it. Its a hilarious piece of shit that's fun as hell to watch. It's one of my favorite movies of all time. This movie is about 2 autistic wrestling fans who watch there favorite wrestler Jimmy King be taken down and fired from ever wrestling again. They embark on a mission to have Jimmy King get back into wrestling and win his title back with dumb shit in between.

I give this movie an 8/10 because its a fun dumb movie to watch if you're bored and want a laugh.

If you wanna watch it the link is down below.

Warning if you're looking for great cinema you're shit out of luck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btqM6ejM5TQ
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
My Movie: Dog

My Review: Randomly felt like going to the movie theater the other night after getting settled into my new place. Didn't really even know what was showing so I just went and decided I'd pick a movie from there. Anyhow, I like dogs so I picked this one and looked up some stuff about it while I waited for the show to start. Kinda thought it was gonna be one of those super cliche movies that just makes your eyes roll but I honestly ended up really enjoying it. It had some pretty funny moments throughout the movie and overall was just a fell good movie that was much needed with things going on now.
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
Alrighty, here's a new post for the thread.

Leatherface (2022)

Now, this movie is new, coming out on Netflix on 2/18/22, so I won't spoil the whole movie for you, only the first 7 minutes. Seriously, go watch this movie for yourselves.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

(Spoiler Free Review):

This movie is alright as far as modern slasher movies go. It's got amazing practical gore, really good cinematography and is (imo) a fun watch. I would rate this movie a good 6.5/10 which is much higher than what I've seen it rated. As I'm writing this it's rated 33% on Rotten Tomatoes. I guess the "bad" parts are the campy and cringe dialogue, and the dumb character decisions throughout. It's not like the actors did a bad job, it's really good acting by everyone included.

(First 7 Minutes Spoiler Review)

This movie has an interesting plot for the most part but suffers from the old staple in pretty much all of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre Series, a group of teens/young adults out on their way to a town in Texas when they meet Leatherface. This movie starts off simple, 2 influencers (Dante and Melody "Mel") are traveling to a ghost town called Harlow with Mel's sister (Lila) and Dante's Partner (Ruth) where they plan on selling all of the old buildings to investors/other influencers. They meet a guy at the gas station carrying a handgun in his holster (His name is later revealed to us as Richter) where a little bit of the campy/cringe dialogue is shown. Mel comments to the other's saying "Who has such a small dick they need to walk around with a fucking gun." . She says this loud enough to where the guy hears and it is awkward, but shows the political side these characters have. They drive off and see Richter in his pickup truck speeding around and passed them while blowing smoke infront of them. Then they are stopped by the sheriff and the deputy up ahead who recognize them since Dante/Mel made a social media post about their dream of selling the whole town of Harlow. The sheriff gives them a card so they won't get into trouble and let's the group on their way to Harlow.

My Movie: Inception (2010) Directed by Christopher Nolan, starring Leonardo DiCaprio

My Review: Fucking fantastic movie, I wish I could watch it for the first time again. I would recommend watching again while high on something of your choice.

Inception is a work of bold ambition. It is Nolan's true masterpiece and one of the most original pieces of fiction ever put on film. The story, although multi-layered and complex, is incredibly engrossing and a wonder to behold on screen. The movie follows Dom Cobb(DiCaprio) as he leads a specialized team, tasked with putting an idea inside the mind of Robert Fischer Jr.(Cillian Murphy). This task is called Inception. Cobb specializes in the Extraction of ideas from people's minds in their dreams, but Inception is an entirely different story. Removing an idea from a person's mind proves easier because the person has already thought it, but adding an idea is something that can't be done without carefully manipulating the mind to create the idea on its own. This is the premise of Inception, and that's only the surface. There are so many layers to the plot that it's almost impossible to divulge even a fraction of the story in any less than a few pages. The script, which took ten years to write, is pure brilliance. As the film progresses it only becomes more intriguing, even up to the very end. The acting is superb across the board. The standout being DiCaprio, but the entire cast delivers amazing performances. Inception is visually dazzling and unlike anything, I've ever seen on film. But even the amazing visuals don't detract from the depth and complexities of the plot. With amazing cinematography and a remarkably well-crafted and fitting original score from Hans Zimmer, there isn't an area where the film doesn't shine.

This is truly Nolan's best, and that is definitely saying something.
reckless moron with a motorcycle
[Image: avatar_11007.jpeg?dateline=1648522408]
[Image: b_460x42_C000000-222222-333333-CCCCCC-FFCC00-FFCC00.png]