Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrades, people! Upgrades!
Glad to see you're applying for Test Mod man!
EDITS HAVE BEEN MADE TO THIS: WILL BE IN RED

Let's get right into this:

Your Greatest Strength: You know when you overstepped and acknowledge it; plus you're willing to learn from others. I know a LOT of people who find it impossible to do that, so being able to be self-aware and understand when you messed up and choose to GROW from it is a fantastic quality to have in a leader. I've never really seen you staff firsthand because I am not on at the ungodly night hours, but I have seen your evidence clips (which I have watched a couple, not all of them obviously but a few.) and your approach is what I would consider mostly appropriate (more on this later on). You also handle any sort of poorly constructed abuse thread very well; rather than just arguing with them on the thread, you thoroughly explain your reasoning for your decisions, and you even apologized to a player when you unintentionally overstepped boundaries.

Your greatest weakness: This is something I also obtained from evidence videos. Of course, Prop Hunt staff regulations/rules are much different from what I am used to on TTT but I sometimes feel as if you jump the gun a little quickly, which can result in you unintentionally overstepping the realm of staffing and powermodding. This is just a very nitpicky thing to keep in mind, so take this critique with a grain of a salt. The late night trolls are an entirely different animal, I understand that from when I've played TTT late at night and from the footage you've shown. It takes a lot of willpower to NOT give them the angry reaction but my best advice to you is to always try and be OBJECTIVELY thinking when you're staffing; that usually tends to be the most effective, as when they realize you aren't going to give them any reaction they eventually get bored and leave (sometimes).

As for my vote,

I have switched my vote from a +1 to a NEUTRAL stance. 

You had asked Owen a way to get better, and since I feel more comfortable being completely honest rather than not being sure if what I would be saying is too nitpicky or not, here's my major suggestion for you, Mr. SAD:

I would like you to take some time to understand/research classroom management skills. You might think I'm absolutely ridiculous with this idea, but staffing/moderating a Garry's Mod server efficiently at a FUNDAMENTAL level is identical to running a classroom well; of course, there are definitely different things to take in consideration with each of them, but ultimately the goal is to run the server without trying to imitate the wild west by quick-drawing on gags and such. I don't want to sound rude, but from what I've seen on an outside perspective and from what I've seen on videos, you have earned a more negative reputation amongst those who play because of the quick draw issue. In other words, because you're being too quick with issuing out authority, there is a resentment towards you from some players. 

This point is coming from someone who has played and dealt with staff who have done this same issue; it just kills the entire vibe of the server whenever someone quickdraw gags everyone. I get sometimes it needs to happen and the night hours are incredibly toxic; however, I think some restraint on your behalf will go a long way in terms of both improving your reputation amongst the non-staff players AND the staff team. I've also seen respect GAINED for people who used to have this issue and they worked on it and got rid of it, and now the community in TTT doesn't go like "okay, time to get off" whenever that person gets on.

I do not think you're bad at staffing, please do not misinterpret what I'm saying as a personal attack; you're always thorough and supply very solid evidence when you make requests. I think you have a lot of potential to be a really great asset for the PH team. This is just something that needs to be improved on before you get promoted in my opinion; otherwise, you might unintentionally cause the Mods/Admins a major headache if you were to start quickdraw banning individuals. 

Thanks for your time. Best of luck on your App.

Messages In This Thread
Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by BIIG_SAD - 04-18-2022, 05:21 PM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by August - 04-18-2022, 05:36 PM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by Wrom - 04-18-2022, 06:27 PM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by Wilfry - 04-18-2022, 07:38 PM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by Salty - 04-19-2022, 06:26 AM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by BIIG_SAD - 04-19-2022, 10:56 PM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by BIIG_SAD - 04-21-2022, 12:43 AM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by BIIG_SAD - 04-21-2022, 10:17 PM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by Damien - 04-22-2022, 02:10 AM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by Salty - 04-24-2022, 07:02 AM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by Salty - 04-26-2022, 08:16 AM