some guy targeting me
(05-04-2022, 11:02 PM)icey Wrote: If she said “fat”, she wouldn’t have said “I didn’t mean to say it.”
or because i corrected myself half way through and you misheard me but its ok
(05-04-2022, 11:04 PM)bambi Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 11:02 PM)icey Wrote: If she said “fat”, she wouldn’t have said “I didn’t mean to say it.”
or because i corrected myself half way through and you misheard me but its ok
The only two arguments here are that you either caught yourself at fa, or you said a slur. I’m just amazed by the people that think you said fat
(05-04-2022, 10:32 PM)Dirtypizza Wrote: It also doesn’t help that you said “I didn’t mean to say it.” You knew what you said.
Circumstantially, this is what strikes me. I agree with the others that the actual word sounds somewhat ambiguous, but its close enough to cause confusion.

I'm ignoring the fact that you flamed me for issuing an awarn last time you used a slur (which, by the way, was leinent since it was NOT a ban last time). Just on the head of the evidence, it seems like you likely said the bad word, as your immediate acknowledgement was using the word. I think the ban should ride out the 3 days.
-1 unban or reduction. you know better and choose to not do better.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Quote:Dirtypizza:

It also doesn’t help that you said “I didn’t mean to say it.” You knew what you said.

Yeah uh, no. I'd recommend quitting with the slurs and shit before you get perma'd. Constant slurs, slur baiting, general toxicity. Enough of the shit mate. 

-1 for unban or reduction. Stick your ban and learn your lesson.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
+1 damien sent me here from in game to aske foru my opiniion on this matter. i believe shaye is very wel-mennerd and polite, and she js an asset to the commyunity,. she sohuld not be banned. this may seem like favoritism, and maybe ot is, but I beliebe she is nto someone who would act in a malicious manner towrteds another member inless the other [eprson was in on the koke.
Hi! Mr. unbiassed opinion here! This peaked my curiosity with the back and forth opinions so I thought having someone  completely unrelated looking into it would help.

Listening to the clip, and yes it is somewhat hard to tell due to the sniper shot, it's clear enough that you're either saying "No you, fat." or "No you, f**." I listened to it very closely and even with the sniper shot masking the word it definitely sounds more like a G sound than a T sound, though it's still a bit ambiguous. What solidified it for me that you did in fact slur is the fact that you immediately followed up with "No no no, I didn't mean to say it! I meant fat!" etc. Thus it is realistically safe to assume it was the slur. You clearly know you said it, and tried to deflect away but sadly it didn't work.

Now, did you actually mean to say it? No I don't think so. There was a time MANY years ago when I was saying slurs off the cuff like that too. I'm not proud of it and I had to basically train myself to stop saying that crap, so I sympathize with you on that level. But listen, from a staff perspective you have a history with this especially since you literally just got off a day ban for the same thing. I think that considering the situation that a 3 day ban was the appropriate response from Pizza. Hell, Murder would not be nearly that forgiving for a second offense.

Anyway, best of luck! Hope this all works out whichever way it goes.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
This is a tricky one; the normal speed one clearly shows you saying it whereas the slowed down version makes it sound as if you only said "Faaa." That makes it hard for me to make an actual decision (considering I just woke up 10 minutes ago, it's even more difficult).

Part of me wants to just scream that since it's my birthday, I want you to be unbanned but that gives me such Karen vibes I would die inside from cringe if I actually did that. 

It was a fun time playing with you yesterday so all I ask (regardless of the outcome) is please be careful; I don't want you getting perma'ed :( 

I'm going to say I'm NEUTRAL on this unban; this neutrality stance mainly stems from I don't want to use bias for or against you but the evidence just is rather difficult for me to discern.

Best of luck to you on your unban.
When I first heard it I heard “fa” now I can’t tell because of the gun shot so I’m neutral on this.
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
Context says the slur was the word said. Whether it was caught before being the full word or it was the shortened word I can’t tell thanks to the scout and pronunciation. But personally I don’t cut my sentence off and start apologizing for the word fat. Do with that what you will.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I think the fat defense is stupid. I think it's apparent that "Fa" was said. As far as the "g", I do not hear that. This would mean slur baiting, however, let's look into this a little deeper. First of all, we need context. Shaye was tipsy at the time and some dude started to flame Shaye, so of course, Shay started to come back at him, calling him a 'retard'. Honestly, this is par for the course on TTT, I do not think that this is that big of a deal. It's difficult to control your emotions and what you say while under the influence. This is especially true for people who use certain terms habitually.

Now, I am not saying that being drunk should give people a free pass to say and do whatever you want, I fully believe that whatever you do while under the influence is completely your responsibility, however, in this case, Shaye cut herself off from using the whole word or even the shortened version of the slur which I think is commendable. I do not think that Shaye has ever apologized for saying the slur or slur baiting before, however, this time she did and it was apparent that she did not mean to do that.

This means that the bans and warns prior worked as they should. Bans on any server can be seen as a punishment or rather a type of "Operant Conditioning". Operant conditioning is essentially trying to get a certain response from someone by using positive or negative reinforcement. In this case, bans are used as negative reinforcement in order to discourage the idea of doing the action again, which in Shaye's case, we can see technically worked, she did feel some type of remorse for saying the word that she has been banned for saying in the past, multiple times.  Because of this, I feel as though we should not push punishment any further at the moment in order to maintain the current trajectory of Shaye's behavior on the server, I am afraid that if we too harshly punish for a more positive outcome we might discourage the positive altogether, which I assume is not the goal here. The goal of staff on the server is to facilitate a fun environment for all players on the server.

TL;DR
+1 reduction/unban shaye is dumb as fuck and stopped herself before saying slur
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator