Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Go (dark) Green
Not going to lie, I was kind of expecting this soon. I want you to know that everything I am saying to you is completely honest because I would consider us friends and I would want you to be 100% with me if I were to make an app. I am not trying to insult or attack you, I just want to clarify that now.

First, allow me to talk about the positive things about you being a staff candidate again:

1. You're incredibly consistent with activity, which means you are someone who would be able to hop on at basically any time of day. That versatilty is good for a staff candidate.
2. You know the rules and guidelines, as you have had previous staffing experience.
3. While you've been a donor, if there aren't staff on, you've practically taken charge and done "moderation" of VC and TC if anything happens.
4. You've consistently put out good, solid ban requests with evidence.

Now, on to the critiques.

I do have a couple similar concerns as ceebeast, specifically #1: it isn't a bad thing to immediately jump on things... when it is appropriate; sometimes when you do this, it is the right call (although I joke about you "donor staffing," there isn't any staff on so it's not really an issue considering that you aren't abusing by any means.)

With #2, I do think that you are most definitely more willing to follow your friends' leads rather than take the initiative, but I don't really want to hold that against you, as I was the same way barely 4 years ago. It's something that just comes with more experience being in a position of leadership, if you're willing to learn it; I think that you are.

I agree with #3 and #4 entirely from ceebeast. You can, will, and have cracked jokes at people all day, but when others give you that same treatment, you tend to become sensitive; do I think these critiques are a reason for you not to get trusted again? No, but I do want to point it out as it being an issue if you want to progress further up the ladder, or if this is denied, things that you should try to work on.

These are the minor issues that I have; however, there is one thing that, in my humble opinion, I think you really need to work on and I think is a MAJOR ROADBLOCK to you getting staff again. 

I personally feel that you dwell on things way too much, and this sometimes leads to you being petty and not handling things professionally. I even addressed this in your previous app back in January and I still feel it is an issue.

What do I mean by this? Allow me to give an example: there will be times where we're all talking about something casual in the Dinks General VC and you will come in and start spouting about some variation of dinks drama (past AND current), trying to see if anyone else "knows something" about it; even if nobody is remotely talking about Dink's Gmod, you will attempt to shift the conversation to it.

This makes me feel as if you are trying to apply to be "back in the know" of things for a lack of better terms. This might not be true in the slightest, but that is the impression I get; something you have to understand is that not everything has to be about the Dinks community when we're in a discord call in any facet. This has been something you've done the entire time I've known you, it isn't just a recent thing that I suddenly picked up on. It just is something I felt that was appropriate to bring up now.

Now, if I were to try and call you out for this in 2020-2021, I would've been an absolute hypocrite because I was doing the same thing; I get it, you really enjoy the community but I really think you have to learn how to take time and chill from it; I think that's what led to you getting burned out the first time, and I think that if you continue doing this, it'll lead to the same burnout.

This thread in particular is a direct example of you not handling something professionally not even a week ago; instead of trying to discuss the issue privately and cordially, you made an "abuse" thread that ultimately did not go your way. I have reasonable concern that this might occur again, and I just do not think that you are ready at this time; however, if you do get the position, please continue to work on these things that ceebeast and I have talked about; I want you to be a successful staff member; unfortunately, that thread just isn't far enough in the past yet for me to think you won't have another outburst like that again, so I cannot give you my support at this time. 

-1. Best of luck to you on your application, Damien.

Messages In This Thread
Go (dark) Green - by Damien - 05-12-2022, 10:47 PM
RE: Go (dark) Green - by Wrom - 05-12-2022, 10:52 PM
RE: Go (dark) Green - by voidzz - 05-12-2022, 11:09 PM
RE: Go (dark) Green - by Damien - 05-12-2022, 11:16 PM
RE: Go (dark) Green - by Cryptic Salsa - 05-12-2022, 11:10 PM
RE: Go (dark) Green - by .cee - 05-12-2022, 11:28 PM
RE: Go (dark) Green - by Damien - 05-12-2022, 11:40 PM
RE: Go (dark) Green - by Señuelo Inofensivo - 05-13-2022, 12:06 AM
RE: Go (dark) Green - by RawJar - 05-13-2022, 01:31 AM
RE: Go (dark) Green - by Salty - 05-13-2022, 07:19 AM
RE: Go (dark) Green - by coco?? - 05-13-2022, 11:35 AM