Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Salty's Redemption Arc: TTT Edition
Yall some Charmin soft pussies I stg ok let me start by saying salty I love you so ill be the one to ask questions. You are in a good place and thats great love that for you but if things get bad would you back to the no fucks given attitude where you fuck around and do things you did in the past? I dont think you will but I just wanna hear it from you that things will be different because I know sometimes you can go 0-100 real quick so thats why I ask. SOmeone  has too I look forward to the response love you buddy <3
(05-22-2022, 04:20 PM)J@CK XDDD Wrote:  You are in a good place and that's great love that for you but if things get bad would you back to the no fucks given attitude where you fuck around and do things you did in the past? I don't think you will but I just wanna hear it from you that things will be different because I know sometimes you can go 0-100 real quick so that's why I ask. 

This is a valid concern, thank you for bringing it up Jack. I have a two-part answer for this question.

A) The past where things didn't go my way was due to inexperience in working with a team of individuals who ACTUALLY did things. Most of my experience in a leadership team has been people having titles and not actually doing work and I ended up having to do everything, which is why I didn't know how to handle pushback from others during my first tenure as staff. 

I've grown past this naivete due to more experience working in teams like my college marching band and being in a leadership position at Kroger and having experience with others who want to genuinely improve the situation they're in.  This has helped me work WITH others rather than try being the sole person in charge. As I stated on the app, what's more important to me is the betterment of the community, not what I FEEL like that is, if that makes any sense at all. 

B) The "no fucks given attitude" was due to a problem I had until the summer of July 2021: I would shift between two mindsets that would swap out depending on what I was doing. In school, I always have stayed a serious, all in, type A person who does everything I can to improve the quality of my person, whether that's through conduct or knowledge or etc. When I would play video games, however, I would use them as a way to inappropriately take my stress out at other people for my own amusement, as everyone who dealt with me in the past knows.

This secondary mindset/approach I was applying to video games was developed due to an extremely toxic friend group that I had played with for 6 years, where the entire "humor" of the group was belittling/dehumanizing people as much as possible. It was never actual humor, it was more of who got the last word in an argument or who said the most offensive insult. I don't intend to provide any examples, but I'm sure you can imagine what that environment was like. 

After I spent a week vacation with that group in Florida, I decided enough was enough and I cut them off completely. Immediately after doing that, my "no fucks given" mindset disintegrated as there was no longer a need for it, simply because I wasn't dealing with toxicity every single time I was in a discord VC. 

It was such a substantial change in overall attitude, my parents made comments to me about it; it was as if I was a completely different person to them. 

I'm much calmer, rational, and disciplined than I was back in 2020-2021; credit that to no longer having extraneous stress caused by dealing with a toxic friend group. 

I hope this addresses your concern, Jack.
huh, I thought I posted a week or so ago but I'm not sure where it went.

I'm in the same boat with the folks that don't know you that well and just met you not too long ago. From the few hours we've had on the server together, we've had a lot of funny moments/bits and you definitely make the server entertaining at times. I think you're a good regular to have on the server overall. Until I know you a bit better, it's only fair of me to neutral you as far as staffing goes. My onnnnllly concern so far is that I think I've witnessed 1-2 situations where you've escalated an argument with someone but I legitimately couldn't tell if it was a bit or you let your emotions get the best of you. Good luck Salty!
(05-22-2022, 08:32 PM)Murl Wrote: huh, I thought I posted a week or so ago but I'm not sure where it went.

I'm in the same boat with the folks that don't know you that well and just met you not too long ago. From the few hours we've had on the server together, we've had a lot of funny moments/bits and you definitely make the server entertaining at times. I think you're a good regular to have on the server overall. Until I know you a bit better, it's only fair of me to neutral you as far as staffing goes. My onnnnllly concern so far is that I think I've witnessed 1-2 situations where you've escalated an argument with someone but I legitimately couldn't tell if it was a bit or you let your emotions get the best of you. Good luck Salty!

Thank you! Yeah, 95% of those situations are usually bits, but there was one time that I think you were there where I was inebriated and starting screaming at Monkeydog on eclipse the other day, and that was a one legit outburst. I think that you having that as a concern is completely legitimate. I usually maintain my emotions well regardless of whether or not I am sober or tipsy/drunk, but that time was a one time slip-up and I can completely admit that. I apologize for that lack of professionalism I showed.

I appreciate your feedback, Murl!
bump + update, we haven't forgotten about this app so any more feedback would be appreciated : )
Even though I haven't played on the server recently, I still keep fairly active in the discord and that has been enough for me to notice the change in Salty's behavior and character.  It is evident that he has changed for the better and is in greater control of his emotions than he was before.  I cannot envision the issues that he had in his previous staffing incident resurfacing.  So while I cannot comment on his on-server activity, I would say that the change in his character and ability to handle situations has improved noticeably and vastly. +1
+1, during this past month of playing, I have enjoyed being on with Salty. He answers questions for the guests when they are confused as to why they see a bunch of purple errors or tells new players to press f1 to learn how to play. He also has a good rapport with the other players that they play with. Salty has a good understanding of the rules and follows them while still having fun and joking around.
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
Pretty easy +1. Salty has changed for the better, a lot. I notice him helping new players learn to play and fix their issues; and with his personality and experience, he'd make a fine addition to staff.
+1 smart guy with big brain and lots of words to say

Yes. mhm
[Image: BbGd4LU.jpeg]
Why are we sleeping on this?? Bring my homie back +1
Go away