Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I lost my ability to make witty titles
+1 Laced may not be one of the most well behaved players, but they are an amazing community member that has added nothing but enjoyment to every interaction they have been a part of. Please unban them.
as someone who was not here for any of your antics laced, I will weigh in from what I can observe as someone who has no bias.

From scrounging the forums, all I can see is a long long track record of you causing problems, getting banned, getting unbanned, and repeating.

From asking around and looking into it, people concur with this sentiment (from the 10 or so folks I have asked in reference about you over the months). 

YOU HAVE A CERTAIN REPUTATION. AND IT AINT GREAT FOR YOUR CASE.
another thing I see as an issue is this quote. perhaps I am taking it out of context, but your wording seems exact.
to quote you: 
[
Full transparency, my sense of humor is very much still dark and edgy. That is something that is engraved into my personality and it will never change. However, I have enough social awareness and restraint to NOT make these kinds of jokes on the forums. I know the limits of what is and isn't allowed here.
]

normally, I would say "another chance". You got alot of those chances. What would make it any different, say, than the time you were banned for being the lead to one of the most toxic groups in the server?

Have you fundamentally changed since then? you promise to "not put those things" in the forums, but your wording is precise. What would prevent you from formenting and stirring the pot in other servers than the forum? 

I dont see a fundamental change from the root of the problem, and as such I vote 

At least for now. When your fundamental beliefs change, then mabye I will vote otherwise. As it stands now, all I can see as a pair of fresh eyes is a problem that will come back and rear its ugly head, and sow division in the community. And we will repeat this cycle. I hope I am wrong. I really do hope that. 

Edit as of 6/2/22. You have had time to sufficiently address my main concern of whether your fundemental beliefs have changed. You also made no answer to not formenting division outside the forums. Yes, you did a stupid. We all do stupids. But at the end of the day, if you do a stupid, you have to face the truth of reality. You have already gotten your chances. You squandered them. You are now asking to not face the truth, because it is painful to you. It is apinful because it is permanent punishment. Perhaps, that is the way it ought to be. I don't mean to be mean, laced. Don't take this as mean-ness. Sometimes the best medicine is painful. 
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(05-31-2022, 04:57 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: as someone who was not here for any of your antics laced, I will weigh in from what I can observe as someone who has no bias.

From scrounging the forums, all I can see is a long long track record of you causing problems, getting banned, getting unbanned, and repeating.

From asking around and looking into it, people concur with this sentiment (from the 10 or so folks I have asked in reference about you over the months). 

YOU HAVE A CERTAIN REPUTATION. AND IT AINT GREAT FOR YOUR CASE.
another thing I see as an issue is this quote. perhaps I am taking it out of context, but your wording seems exact.
to quote you: 
[
Full transparency, my sense of humor is very much still dark and edgy. That is something that is engraved into my personality and it will never change. However, I have enough social awareness and restraint to NOT make these kinds of jokes on the forums. I know the limits of what is and isn't allowed here.
]

normally, I would say "another chance". You got alot of those chances. What would make it any different, say, than the time you were banned for being the lead to one of the most toxic groups in the server?

Have you fundamentally changed since then? you promise to "not put those things" in the forums, but your wording is precise. What would prevent you from formenting and stirring the pot in other servers than the forum? 

I dont see a fundamental change from the root of the problem, and as such I vote 

At least for now. When your fundamental beliefs change, then mabye I will vote otherwise. As it stands now, all I can see as a pair of fresh eyes is a problem that will come back and rear its ugly head, and sow division in the community. And we will repeat this cycle. I hope I am wrong. I really do hope that. 
I'll respond to this further when I get home from work, but I'm very curious as to what you mean when you refer to my "fundamental beliefs."

Maybe my sleep deprived brain isn't processing it right, but your comment seems to imply that the only thing I like to do is stir the pot and divide the community, which isn't true at all. I have a genuine love for this community and most of the people in it, but I'm also aware that I've not expressed that in the healthiest of ways. I admit that I am a bit hotheaded and I am very much not afraid to voice my feelings on any given situation. These two things have overlapped many times and have caused me more issues than I'd like. 

I've learned to better collect myself and think clearly before I speak, something I rarely did before my ban here. For lack of a better word, I was incredibly stupid. 

I will update this reply with anything I feel is necessary to add when i am home this afternoon.
I have been on the forums for as long as I have been a staff member and I have to say, your reputation has been less then stellar, Laced. The forums are littered with your comments that are either not on subject, trollish, giving a + or - with no real reason behind why you vote that way, or have been deleted. I have always found it strange that it shows you are banned, but still have the ability to post on things here. While I don't know you personally, it seems like you have been given too many chances to correct your behavior and haven't. As BIIG_SAD said, if you are unbanned, what would you change?

My vote is a -1 because of past bans. Hopefully you can see that trollish behavior isn't tolerated on serious topics.
LET ME IN.
[Image: The_Fiend_2.jpg]
There's literally no downside to bringing him back because if he "stirs the pot" he can just get rebanned. You guys are treating this silly little website like it's working for a huge company with real life consequences. There's major upside to him being unbanned too. Laced is one of the best spotter's against hackers I've ever seen in this community. He also gives really good input on situations when he was allowed, like telling [REDACTED] to bring forward their claims of harrassment and trolling to the forums (when they weren't going to since it didn't exist.).
(05-31-2022, 01:28 PM)Damien Wrote: You guys are treating this silly little website like it's working for a huge company with real life consequences.
Using someone's actual face without their consent in a meme that compares said victim to a known sexual predator has the potential to cause real life consequences for the individual involved, no matter how innocent/joking/trolling the intention was.

That being said it's been months, and ultimately real life consequences didn't happen from what I understand. If the proper apologies have been issued, and the meme isn't in circulation anymore, I think the controlled and maintained environments of the forums is an appropriate place for Laced to return.

Like him or hate him, he's a pillar of this community, and is a voice that should be allowed to be voiced, assuming he has made right by those he wronged.

I am neutral to a return until the above is verified
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
while laced does come off as edgy sometimes the dude himself iis really genuine and kind, he's made me smile and laugh lots and always has made me feel included! this is the internet and occasionally it is a place where people come to vent their sorrows on to something with a little less meaning, When I first saw laced when I joined I kinda did think he was an asshole, the more time I spend with him I realize that part of him is an asshole but overall i think its a very small fraction of the person he is, nothing but love for this dude free him!

Big +2
(05-31-2022, 01:39 PM)Jammin Wrote:
(05-31-2022, 01:28 PM)Damien Wrote: You guys are treating this silly little website like it's working for a huge company with real life consequences.
Using someone's actual face without their consent in a meme that compares said victim to a known sexual predator has the potential to cause real life consequences for the individual involved, no matter how innocent/joking/trolling the intention was.
I wasn't banned in relation to that meme. You're thinking of Rand.

My ban occurred during that whole shitshow with ThePhoenix. I posted a screenshot of someone saying "Fuck You Phoenix" and was warned for harassment, which meant +5 warn points on top of the 5 I already had, equalling 10 points and instantly banning me.
I mean if the ban was for posting a screenshot especially, of someone who was community banned shortly thereafter, it should be pretty straightforward an unban. Would we consider it harassment because he posted a screenshot of someone else saying something? Kinda wack lol. I don't know why these people are so fixated on the past, sure dark humor is a thing but nobody should be so judgmental, we all have different senses of humor. People are acting like you were banned for making legal action worthy jokes, which doesn't seem the case here.
I definitely think these prop hunt people don't know laced like TTT does, and don't know the weight he holds in this community along with some other general members as well. unban this man
(05-31-2022, 01:59 PM)voidzz Wrote: I mean if the ban was for posting a screenshot especially, of someone who was community banned shortly thereafter, it should be pretty straightforward an unban. Would we consider it harassment because he posted a screenshot of someone else saying something? Kinda wack lol. I don't know why these people are so fixated on the past, sure dark humor is a thing but nobody should be so judgmental, we all have different senses of humor. People are acting like you were banned for making legal action worthy jokes, which doesn't seem the case here.
I definitely think these prop hunt people don't know laced like TTT does, and don't know the weight he holds in this community along with some other general members as well. unban this man
For clarification, the screenshot showcased someone ELSE saying "Fuck You Phoenix" not ThePhoenix saying it. 

I'm also not a fan of the TTT vs PH dynamic that's starting to show itself here, so please keep the thread on topic. I appreciate your support, though