Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Talk: The Status of Discord
Hey Salty,
First, thanks for your feedback. It is appreciated
I'll definitely read through this more throoughly once i'm sitting down with Les later on to go over the survey results.

I don't want to get too deep into things for now, other than to say that I brought @KaptainLes onboard for a reason - there's a lot of change that needs to happen, and we need, for lack of a better phrase, someone more grounded in reality than I am when it comes to staffing guidelines/etc.

The first thing I will address is my comments on shaye's unban - I said what I said because for both bad comments Shaye brought to our attention, that's the absolute first time any of us saw it. It's just like being tabbed out while playing TTT and some guy mass RDM's - if we are tabbed out, we won't know about it.
And, once we found out about the comments, the comments were deleted and the commenter was punished accordingly (first time offense is a verbal warn, which was issued). Hence, we are back to having 0 unaddressed comments (that I'm aware of). If you want more comments addressed, you can file reports on the Auttaja bot or file them on the "Discord Reports" subforum (the latter is a discrete method). As for making sure more bad messages are addressed in the future, Les and I will work on automating some filters (thanks @HONG for the suggestion) to flag posts for a human review - that's a fantastic idea HONG came up with. 

What I am not going to do is allow a staff shortage to excuse staff misconduct. If I am given evidence of staff misconduct, I will address it. Despite the few numbers of staff, I have received very few reports over this past year of misconduct, only 2-3 of which actually had actionable evidence. If someone is being targeted or suspects they are being targeted by one of my staff members, let me know with a clear, detailed report and I can, and will, act on it (as I did in above instances, including a staff strike and a staff demotion in the past). But, all recent staff actions taken that i've had to review for an appeal are actions taken within our current punishment/rule guidelines. If it's anyone's fault, it's my own, since I authored the guidelines.

Also, i just want to point out that the punisher not being viewable is a fault of the Auttaja bot - there's no way for us to enable that. So frankly, the "not sharing warners" isn't necessarily an intentional policy, but something born out of the limitations of the bot. Reina brings up a good point, and I guarantee you that listing the punisher would bring out the hivemind, but my staff knows that they aren't necessarily guaranteed their privacy when issuing strikes/warns. I'm open to having that information public for the sake of transparancy, but that's going to require a new bot.

Finally, just saying this for now - If anyone has evidence of selective staffing, please share it with me or Les. I beg of you. Or another Admin if you wanna be anonymous. Hell, send me feedback and say it came from an anonymous source. Say it came from the tooth fairy. I don't care who sends it. I say this because there is a large amount of feedback coming from the community about a vague notion of selective staffing, but I've only had one single person come forward with potential evidence of it - evidence that standalone didn't prove much (just that a discord staff member didn't scroll up).
Otherwise, be patient. We are working on improving things, including many of the points about staff expectations/training/etc that Salty brought up. There's a reason I brought help onboard.

Thank you for the feedback!
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks

Messages In This Thread
Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by Salty - 05-31-2022, 05:28 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by reinaberg - 05-31-2022, 05:41 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by Damien - 05-31-2022, 05:45 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by reinaberg - 05-31-2022, 05:51 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by Salty - 05-31-2022, 05:50 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by voidzz - 05-31-2022, 05:59 PM