Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increase ban duration for ghosting
As it stands from personal experience I believe our ghosting guidelines are in a good place. There are plenty of ghosting cases daily in handfuls and the forums already get cluttered with ban requests from time to time just because so many people are adopting it when they first join the server among other issues. 
If we were to increase it I don't believe it would balance out the newly needed effort for ban requests on every single ghosting case vs less ghosters.

I also can't say that I'd consider using third party cheating soft ware to be on the same ban level as being in voice chat with a friend and giving locations up. It's cheating but not as malicious as one might think. A lot of people don't really think about how it affects the server due to them just stopping in to mess around and do it once. Most of the time, the message is received fairly well that ghosting isn't allowed on server with just the day ban. We rarely see repeat offenders unless they purely come into mess up everyone's fun. There are few cases where we need to escalate but that's far and few. I can only think of 4 people that I've seen permanently banned over my time in Dinks for ghosting. 4 out of probably 500+ bans? Needless to say I will discuss it with the PH Admin Team but I don't believe we need to see a change anytime soon IMO.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Increase ban duration for ghosting - by SirJaffa - 09-03-2022, 05:28 AM
RE: Increase ban duration for ghosting - by Ryzif - 09-03-2022, 05:28 PM
RE: Increase ban duration for ghosting - by Salty - 09-03-2022, 06:17 PM