Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrom, Nash Severe Teaming
Player names: @Wrom , Nash

SteamIDs: STEAM_0:0:79620671,STEAM_0:0:141378734

Witnesses: @slater @chibill

Reason: Severe Teaming

Proof: Imgur album, video of death scene. Nash (traitor) revived Wrom (innocent), and let Wrom sit in the T room. When a traitor came into the T room, Wrom killed them. I awarned both players.

Other: For what it's worth, before this instance neither Wrom nor Nash had any teaming-related warnings or bans, and this was Wrom's first ever warning. While that doesn't change the fact that reviving an innocent as a traitor and letting them hang out in the T room are literally the two examples given for "Severe Teaming", I do think it should be considered in the decision to ban them and/or appeal their bans if applicable. I'm posting this to adhere to the staff guidelines.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I was already warned for this so now there is a ban request on it? Neither I or Nash were in a discord together this wasn't planned it just happened. I know that its teaming and I know it was wrong but we were just having fun I've seen it done by many people who haven't been warned for it. I didn't choose to get defib I could have killed Nash yes and I should have either killed him or just hit my kill bind right away but I didn't think it was going to be that big of a deal honestly. I usually don't break the rules and I just came back online from not playing much Gmod recently due to IRL stuff and other games so I got on to have a little fun so I'm sorry for breaking the rules but I don't feel like I should be banned for this.
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
Idk, i think this is valid either way it goes. Sure, wrom and nash know the rules, but on the other side of it, did it impact the integrity of the game on a big level except for one t dying? Do we know if nash warned stepbro in t chat that there might be an inno in the t room?

If bans are handed out, it's reasonable, but it also makes sense to just warn and move on considering the amount of harm done (i typically see consistent teaming as an issue vs one round of a defib/kill)
(09-24-2022, 09:26 PM)Wrom Wrote: I was already warned for this so now there is a ban request on it?

I usually don't break the rules and I just came back online from not playing much Gmod recently due to IRL stuff and other games so I got on to have a little fun so I'm sorry for breaking the rules but I don't feel like I should be banned for this.
To be clear, I initially gave the warning instead of making this thread right away because I thought it would suffice for a first warning. It was suggested to me that this was more ban-worthy, as the staff guidelines say.

If the moderators opt for a ban, I'd ask that your warns be removed, as I agree that the two together isn't fair. I also agree however that a ban because of this one instance (especially a two week ban, as the guidelines call for) is a little extreme. Perhaps the guidelines could be altered to include an initial warning for this, like there is for "Moderate Teaming".
[Image: b_560x95.png]
If it were anyone other than a donor+ it would be a pretty cut and dry ban. I think 24 hours is reasonable. Having fun and being silly is a good time but stuff like that makes the game pretty insufferable for everyone else.
(09-24-2022, 09:57 PM)ToyShop Wrote: If it were anyone other than a donor+ it would be a pretty cut and dry ban. I think 24 hours is reasonable. Having fun and being silly is a good time but stuff like that makes the game pretty insufferable for everyone else.
I don't think his rank should play into this at all (especially because that specific rank means absolutely nothing now), except if you're making the point that he should know that this is against the rules.

As for the ban request itself, it's whatever. They had their fun and someone died for a round. It's really not that big of a deal.
After deliberation, I have made the initial determination that both individuals are guilty of severe teaming. With the blatant example written out in the guidelines, this is pretty cut and dry severe teaming for both individuals.
I spent literally two hours debating whether to use discretion to ban as I felt appropriate, or ban appropriately to the offense issued. It is my opinion that this should fall under something between moderate and severe teaming.

From what I can tell, the guidelines don't really allow for said discretion under the current form. It allows for admin discretion for ghosting, but only to decide if it is moderate or severe ghosting. As such, I am issuing a two-week ban to reflect severe teaming, as the question of moderate vs severe isn't in question per current guidelines. What is currently in question is whether the teaming guidelines as written are appropriate - and to address this issue, I will make a separate post in good time (aka tomorrow).
As for this ban, both players have at the moment a two-week ban. Both players are strongly encouraged to appeal their bans to allow a TTT admin to make the final discretion given our current ruleset.

One line of commentary on teaming is that while the rules of teaming are a bit harsh on the punishment perspective, I've personally noticed an increase in these "trolling teaming" incidents. Trolling & having fun is one thing, but if your fun interferes with other players then it becomes an issue. (not calling out wrom/nash, just making a point in general - have fun but not at the expense of guests or other players).
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks