Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Addressing Kaiwan in the Community
So far from the evidence I have seen thus far, It honestly looks like you guys are conflating sexual jokes to accusations of pedophilia/grooming. Hongs clip namely lacks context other than what i can only assume is you finally pushing Kaiwan to her breaking point of raging over the mic (and also shame on yall for not de-escalating by kicking/gagging/temp banning etc to cool down). In regards to the clips Chillbill Grump posted, Dick jokes were made which isn't a big deal especially since Kaiwan was not the one who started the dick joke train nor was she the only one who continued the jokes there. The bath tub clip however is too far but not yet indicitave of needing a ban for what is being accused of for here.

Kaiwan, you seriously need to read the room better and not make sexual jokes or conversation just because you don't think there are minors on or you don't think they should be playing. It's inappropriate and unneccesary and i hear more than enough complaints even though i haven't been active as of late.

To everyone else, chill tf out with flaming Kaiwan just because you hate her and her jokes, yall are going way too overboard with this witch hunt of accusations and finger pointing when there is more to it than off color sex jokes. And no, i'm not defending her behavior but i'm not defending yalls either. I know how riled up everyone gets when it comes to this.

Anyways, unless more evidence is given thats more damning on this ban request I'm a strict -1 for a ban and a huge +1 for a stern final warning over this issue. Also, forgive my word salad i'm not coherent rn and i'm also only speaking from clips and what i've seen in discord ty
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(10-01-2022, 07:37 PM)HONG Wrote: aside from the creepiness she could easily be banned for how many arguments she has with others/causes on a daily basis. probably the only reason i havent banned her/she hasnt already been banned for this is because of how much people, myself included, have egged her on or baited her. even still, this is a reoccurring issue as seen in discord and on the server (example below)

https://youtu.be/9euM3lD2FVU

i cant breath. she neva shuts up so just permagag her imo
[Image: unknown.png]
whole lotta based in here. i think hongs clip provides real deep insight into the situation, kaiwan does stuff like that even when told to chill out by staff. maybe she needs a bit of a break from this community for her mental health
(10-01-2022, 07:53 PM)Foxka Wrote: So far from the evidence I have seen thus far, It honestly looks like you guys are conflating sexual jokes to accusations of pedophilia/grooming. Hongs clip namely lacks context other than what i can only assume is you finally pushing Kaiwan to her breaking point of raging over the mic (and also shame on yall for not de-escalating by kicking/gagging/temp banning etc to cool down). In regards to the clips Chillbill posted, Dick jokes were made which isn't a big deal especially since Kaiwan was not the one who started the dick joke train nor was she the only one who continued the jokes there. The bath tub clip however is too far but not yet indicitave of needing a ban for what is being accused of for here.
Okay, how did my name get involved in this? I have not posted anything here. And anyone using my clips for this needs to understand I rather not get invovled untill I can compile my own information for or against this ban request.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
From my POV and my interactions - Kaiwan fucking sucks but I really don’t think she’s done anything to be community banned, let alone banned from TTT. You can’t ban someone for sucking. I don’t play TTT anymore and I only interact with her on discord - minimally. There might be other evidence that indicates otherwise but I don’t think calling her a Pedo is really in line with her actions.

At the very worse sexual harassment but I think that’s even pushing it, really I just think she’s a weirdo.

Also, regarding Swift Badger’s post bringing in sexism and discrepancy between men and women - brainlet take. The community does not discriminate when it comes to sexual jokes in front of minors or to minors. Both men and women have been community banned in the past, with no discretion to their gender.

All in all - Not a fan of Kaiwan but it’d be unfair to ban her at this time from any of the platforms, and wouldn’t really align with previous bans in the community
[Image: xdjlve.png]
im gonna put my reddit karma on the line to say I agree with Foxka, I haven't played with Kaiwan but from the stuff I have seen in this thread I don't think a ban is the right move right now. Definitely says some weird shit and that needs to chill out and be held accountable for it, though. And Hong's clip of Kaiwan freaking out definitely isn't the whole story, not a mature reaction at all, but it sounds like she was being screwed with for a while before that recording started
(10-01-2022, 08:05 PM)chibill Wrote:
(10-01-2022, 07:53 PM)Foxka Wrote: So far from the evidence I have seen thus far, It honestly looks like you guys are conflating sexual jokes to accusations of pedophilia/grooming. Hongs clip namely lacks context other than what i can only assume is you finally pushing Kaiwan to her breaking point of raging over the mic (and also shame on yall for not de-escalating by kicking/gagging/temp banning etc to cool down). In regards to the clips Chillbill posted, Dick jokes were made which isn't a big deal especially since Kaiwan was not the one who started the dick joke train nor was she the only one who continued the jokes there. The bath tub clip however is too far but not yet indicitave of needing a ban for what is being accused of for here.
Okay, how did my name get involved in this? I have not posted anything here. And anyone using my clips for this needs to understand I rather not get invovled untill I can compile my own information for or against this ban request.
deadass brainfart i meant grump, my b
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(10-01-2022, 07:53 PM)Foxka Wrote: stuff
My understanding was that this post was made concerning Kaiwan's overall toxic behavior and it somehow turned into a mess of shitposting and clips that look extremely bad out of context. Of course, there are the ones that can't be defended even with context, but my point stands. (edit: I was wrong about this and the first post of this thread was badly worded.)

I'd just like to give a reminder to everyone that it is not worth losing your shit and getting banned over people being mean on the internet. You have an infinite number of options in these scenarios that don't include using your mic as a spittoon during your vocal rampage. I'll give you four.

1. Ignore the person(s) harassing you. This doesn't always work but for most people it should. If this fails, move to the second option.
2. Block and/or mute the person harassing you on your end. Unfortunately, Garry's Mod sucks and you can't clientside mute people in text chat. If it continues, move to the third option.
3. Tell a staff member that you trust. The trust part is important because you are not going to get anywhere telling one of the few staff members that either dislike you or don't give a shit. Be sure to have some evidence of the harassment on hand so the staff member can act accordingly in the semi-common chance that they can't read the room. If this somehow doesn't work, move to the fourth option.
4. Walk away. I understand this is easy to say and hard to do, but it really does make your life better if you just leave the computer for a while and go do something else that makes you happy. Remember it's a video game, and while everyone might not be friendly, it is in your best interests to just not flip out on people, because you will be seen as being just as bad as the person harassing you. Unfair, but such is life.

Also keep in mind that the staff can't catch everything as it happens because they are humans, so it's wise to have recording software like Nvidia Shadowplay ready in case you hear or see something that they miss.

idk tho im just a ttt troll
(10-01-2022, 08:06 PM)jax Wrote: From my POV and my interactions - Kaiwan fucking sucks but I really don’t think she’s done anything to be community banned, let alone banned from TTT. You can’t ban someone for sucking. I don’t play TTT anymore and I only interact with her on discord - minimally. There might be other evidence that indicates otherwise but I don’t think calling her a Pedo is really in line with her actions.

At the very worse sexual harassment but I think that’s even pushing it, really I just think she’s a weirdo.

Also, regarding Swift Badger’s post bringing in sexism and discrepancy between men and women - brainlet take. The community does not discriminate when it comes to sexual jokes in front of minors or to minors. Both men and women have been community banned in the past, with no discretion to their gender.

All in all - Not a fan of Kaiwan but it’d be unfair to ban her at this time from any of the platforms, and wouldn’t really align with previous bans in the community
I am gonna say this because as I have stated before I am an idiot and dont know how to articulate my words over text very well.  I DO NOT CONDONE SEXUAL JOKES IN FRONT OF MINORS.  So I apologizing for not being clear when I said Men and Woman.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
Putting my two cents in here as someone who interacts with Kaiwan daily.

Kaiwan, I know that I have personally given you verbal warns about the jokes several times, as I have with anyone else but especially when we have minors on. The biggest problem I've had when she plays is when she begins going back and forth with other members playing on the server, the constant fights make it more difficult to juggle staffing but I have noticed that you have recently calmed down with them.

Personally, I don't think she deserves a ban, I completely agree with what laced said in saying that she gets antagonized by members of the community and that's because she gives them the reaction they want. She just needs to calm down with the arguments she has with other community members and for the love of god we need to determine a hard line with sexual jokes on the server, I'm not saying that we should crack down as hard as they do on PH, but with the amount of minors who frequent the server and the amount of people who are generally uncomfortable with sexual jokes/discussions it would be easier to just have a hard line on where we stop the jokes. That's where I have found difficulty in dishing out punishments for these jokes, we have never really established a guideline for what we think is okay and what is not.

TLDR; I dont think she deserves a ban but I have had my verbal warnings regarding the sexual comments seemingly brushed off by her, stop antagonizing her and Kaiwan stop fighting back with every person who wants a reaction out of you.
[Image: giphy.gif]