Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Addressing Kaiwan in the Community
(10-01-2022, 07:53 PM)Foxka Wrote: stuff
My understanding was that this post was made concerning Kaiwan's overall toxic behavior and it somehow turned into a mess of shitposting and clips that look extremely bad out of context. Of course, there are the ones that can't be defended even with context, but my point stands. (edit: I was wrong about this and the first post of this thread was badly worded.)

I'd just like to give a reminder to everyone that it is not worth losing your shit and getting banned over people being mean on the internet. You have an infinite number of options in these scenarios that don't include using your mic as a spittoon during your vocal rampage. I'll give you four.

1. Ignore the person(s) harassing you. This doesn't always work but for most people it should. If this fails, move to the second option.
2. Block and/or mute the person harassing you on your end. Unfortunately, Garry's Mod sucks and you can't clientside mute people in text chat. If it continues, move to the third option.
3. Tell a staff member that you trust. The trust part is important because you are not going to get anywhere telling one of the few staff members that either dislike you or don't give a shit. Be sure to have some evidence of the harassment on hand so the staff member can act accordingly in the semi-common chance that they can't read the room. If this somehow doesn't work, move to the fourth option.
4. Walk away. I understand this is easy to say and hard to do, but it really does make your life better if you just leave the computer for a while and go do something else that makes you happy. Remember it's a video game, and while everyone might not be friendly, it is in your best interests to just not flip out on people, because you will be seen as being just as bad as the person harassing you. Unfair, but such is life.

Also keep in mind that the staff can't catch everything as it happens because they are humans, so it's wise to have recording software like Nvidia Shadowplay ready in case you hear or see something that they miss.

idk tho im just a ttt troll

Messages In This Thread
Addressing Kaiwan in the Community - by dong - 10-01-2022, 04:28 PM
RE: Addressing Kaiwan in the Community - by Gabe - 10-01-2022, 05:17 PM
RE: Addressing Kaiwan in the Community - by Grump - 10-01-2022, 06:58 PM
RE: Addressing Kaiwan in the Community - by HONG - 10-01-2022, 07:37 PM
RE: Addressing Kaiwan in the Community - by Foxka - 10-01-2022, 07:53 PM
RE: Addressing Kaiwan in the Community - by Foxka - 10-01-2022, 08:10 PM
RE: Addressing Kaiwan in the Community - by chicago porch pirate - 10-01-2022, 08:10 PM
RE: Addressing Kaiwan in the Community - by jax - 10-01-2022, 08:06 PM
RE: Addressing Kaiwan in the Community - by jax - 10-01-2022, 08:27 PM
RE: Addressing Kaiwan in the Community - by happy - 10-01-2022, 09:22 PM
RE: Addressing Kaiwan in the Community - by reinaberg - 10-01-2022, 10:01 PM
RE: Addressing Kaiwan in the Community - by Salty - 10-01-2022, 10:08 PM
RE: Addressing Kaiwan in the Community - by icey - 10-01-2022, 11:20 PM