its 6 characters
and doesnt include books of text in a response

please
im begging
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(10-27-2022, 08:08 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: yes, homophobes' and incels' voices do not matter
no, i do not have compassion or respect for homophobes or incels
it truly is simple as that, being nice to bigots does not make them stop being bigoted
"bigots are the true victims" is such a weird hill to die on dude
Respectfully, I get the sinking feeling that you don't think what I have to say is very important...

(10-27-2022, 07:37 PM)Ryan722 Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 07:16 PM)Salty Wrote: some people understood the memo, others need to pull the stick out of their ass.

Great work on doing what you do best my friend.

tbf... Poe's Law
I do not see how that is relevant but glad to hear from you anyway.

(10-27-2022, 08:03 PM)Summer Wrote: Yes I agree. Everyone’s opinions do matter, but it’s better to keep them to yourselves because nobody but you care about them. But be warned, we addressed toxicity before and it made it even more toxic.
I don't think running from the subject is a healthy way to deal with it. And sorry to be a contrarian, but, well, I think you're opinion matters :)
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
(10-27-2022, 08:15 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote: Respectfully, I get the sinking feeling that you don't think what I have to say is very important...
no i don't think the """""marginalization""""" of people whose slurs get deleted is very important
making the community a safe and comfortable space for people who are actually marginalized will always be more important than babying the poor bigots
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(10-27-2022, 08:29 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:15 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:08 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 07:37 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 05:43 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: nah i hate homophobes and incels and do not owe them patience, understanding, or politeness
like others have said, debating bigots only serves to give them a platform to spread their bigotry and portray their views as a potentially valid option to bystanders, very few people who think this way are capable of or willing to engage in introspection and will gleefully lap up every shot at relevance and bad faith engagement given to them with no intention of changing their ways
leaving their posts up doesn't "give them a chance to reflect" on it, it just keeps their hate open for anyone to come across, people who weren't involved and just see the message that was left up will be left to assume that that kind of message must be okay since it's still there
A salient point that brings us back to the opening statement! So you're saying that reducing the whole of an entire human being into one, easily digested, poignant label is how we determine whose voice do and do not matter? I think that's a good argument, and definitely should be considered. After all, when we reduce a person to their assigned labels is when we can most clearly draw the line between a good person with a good label, like gay, and a bad person with a bad label, like bigot. Through these identifying phrases we can easily identify who is someone deserving of compassion and respect and who is an un-person, one that we should meet with bile and bloodshed. After all, we know it to be true that very few people who have these sorts of labels are even human enough to engage in introspection! And you're right, why should we give those we can safely identify as un-persons our patience, understanding, or politeness? After all, what do we as individuals owe them? Should it really be our responsibility as decent human beings to do our best to generate positivity and uplift the people around us? That sounds like a lot of hard work, and I don't think ANY of us feel like doing it. You make a good point, and you are valid!

However, though I follow your train of thought, I respectfully disagree. You see, I think that every person has room for development and personal growth, and the potential to achieve that growth. I subscribe to the notion of "Dream it, think it, do it." When you dream of a positive world, that positivity bleeds into your thoughts, and you start to think more positively. When you start to think more positively, those thoughts bleed into your actions, giving you a more positive effect on the world around you. By doing positive, uplifting actions, I believe we as a community can rise above hate and see a more positive change on the community at large. Maybe even on gamers as a whole.

(10-27-2022, 07:16 PM)Salty Wrote: some people understood the memo, others need to pull the stick out of their ass.

Great work on doing what you do best my friend.
Thanks doll, not quite how I would have put it but I do believe some people are stuck in a negative rut that feeds back when dealing with other negative people. Hit the quan!
yes, homophobes' and incels' voices do not matter
it truly is simple as that, being nice to bigots does not make them stop being bigoted
Respectfully, I get the sinking feeling that you don't think what I have to say is very important...
no i don't think the """""marginalization""""" of people whose slurs get deleted is very important
making the community a safe and comfortable space for people who are actually marginalized will always be more important than babying the poor bigots
Respectfully, I think this whole thing might be going a little over your head. While we can all agree it is of vital importance to protect the safety of marginalized people in our community from hate speech and other sorts of wrong words or thought patterns, I am suggesting we not only make a more solid commitment to transparency but also positive thinking. I think you are being terribly reductive and choosing not to understand the core of the issue. That is just my opinion though.
(10-27-2022, 08:40 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:08 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 07:37 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote: A salient point that brings us back to the opening statement! So you're saying that reducing the whole of an entire human being into one, easily digested, poignant label is how we determine whose voice do and do not matter? I think that's a good argument, and definitely should be considered. After all, when we reduce a person to their assigned labels is when we can most clearly draw the line between a good person with a good label, like gay, and a bad person with a bad label, like bigot. Through these identifying phrases we can easily identify who is someone deserving of compassion and respect and who is an un-person, one that we should meet with bile and bloodshed. After all, we know it to be true that very few people who have these sorts of labels are even human enough to engage in introspection! And you're right, why should we give those we can safely identify as un-persons our patience, understanding, or politeness? After all, what do we as individuals owe them? Should it really be our responsibility as decent human beings to do our best to generate positivity and uplift the people around us? That sounds like a lot of hard work, and I don't think ANY of us feel like doing it. You make a good point, and you are valid!

However, though I follow your train of thought, I respectfully disagree. You see, I think that every person has room for development and personal growth, and the potential to achieve that growth. I subscribe to the notion of "Dream it, think it, do it." When you dream of a positive world, that positivity bleeds into your thoughts, and you start to think more positively. When you start to think more positively, those thoughts bleed into your actions, giving you a more positive effect on the world around you. By doing positive, uplifting actions, I believe we as a community can rise above hate and see a more positive change on the community at large. Maybe even on gamers as a whole.

Thanks doll, not quite how I would have put it but I do believe some people are stuck in a negative rut that feeds back when dealing with other negative people. Hit the quan!
yes, homophobes' and incels' voices do not matter
Respectfully, I think this whole thing might be going a little over your head. While we can all agree it is of vital importance to protect the safety of marginalized people in our community from hate speech and other sorts of wrong words or thought patterns, I am suggesting we not only make a more solid commitment to transparency but also positive thinking. I think you are being terribly reductive and choosing not to understand the core of the issue. That is just my opinion though.
I understand the core of the "issue" just fine, it simply isn't an actual issue
As a bi bipoc i wish we had more people that could articulate their thoughts like you poop maniac thank you for speaking out on this injustice
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(10-27-2022, 08:45 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:08 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: yes, homophobes' and incels' voices do not matter
And you see, that's part of the issue right there. I think you're having a critical failure to empathize, and that's okay. What's not okay is invalidating someone's experiences based on your own preconceived notions. I don't think you're approaching this from a very healthy light, but I appreciate that you took the time to engage and make your voice heard. Thank you.
(10-27-2022, 08:46 PM)happy Wrote: As a bi bipoc i wish we had more people that could articulate their thoughts like you poop maniac thank you for speaking out on this injustice
I'm happy I was able to resonate so well with you. I think it's something we can all do if we really commit!
(10-27-2022, 08:50 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:45 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:15 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote: Respectfully, I get the sinking feeling that you don't think what I have to say is very important...
And you see, that's part of the issue right there. I think you're having a critical failure to empathize, and that's okay. What's not okay is invalidating someone's experiences based on your own preconceived notions. I don't think you're approaching this from a very healthy light, but I appreciate that you took the time to engage and make your voice heard. Thank you.
(10-27-2022, 08:46 PM)happy Wrote: As a bi bipoc i wish we had more people that could articulate their thoughts like you poop maniac thank you for speaking out on this injustice
I'm happy I was able to resonate so well with you. I think it's something we can all do if we really commit!
no i do not empathize with bigots and yes it is okay to invalidate their experiences of being bigots
(10-27-2022, 08:52 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:29 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: no i don't think the """""marginalization""""" of people whose slurs get deleted is very important
no i do not empathize with bigots and yes it is okay to invalidate their experiences of being bigots
I don't think you understand. You don't have to empathize with un-persons, but I don't think its fair for you to invalidate my experiences and feelings empathizing with un-persons myself. You see, you might not realize this but behind every computer screen is a real human being, someone with real thoughts and real emotions, and although we may rightfully despise those human beings with equal parts venom and vigor, and commit our attention to loathing them as much as we can, I think we shouldn't shut down other people for wanting to be friends. Because after all, friendship is magic.
(10-27-2022, 08:57 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:52 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:40 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote: Respectfully, I think this whole thing might be going a little over your head. While we can all agree it is of vital importance to protect the safety of marginalized people in our community from hate speech and other sorts of wrong words or thought patterns, I am suggesting we not only make a more solid commitment to transparency but also positive thinking. I think you are being terribly reductive and choosing not to understand the core of the issue. That is just my opinion though.
I don't think you understand. You don't have to empathize with un-persons, but I don't think its fair for you to invalidate my experiences and feelings empathizing with un-persons myself. You see, you might not realize this but behind every computer screen is a real human being, someone with real thoughts and real emotions, and although we may rightfully despise those human beings with equal parts venom and vigor, and commit our attention to loathing them as much as we can, I think we shouldn't shut down other people for wanting to be friends. Because after all, friendship is magic.
if those thoughts are "women and minorities should be harassed" then no i do not care about their thoughts and emotions and yes they should be shut down