Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Silencing Marginalized Voices
(10-27-2022, 09:01 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:57 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:52 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:50 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:45 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: I understand the core of the "issue" just fine, it simply isn't an actual issue
And you see, that's part of the issue right there. I think you're having a critical failure to empathize, and that's okay. What's not okay is invalidating someone's experiences based on your own preconceived notions. I don't think you're approaching this from a very healthy light, but I appreciate that you took the time to engage and make your voice heard. Thank you.
(10-27-2022, 08:46 PM)happy Wrote: As a bi bipoc i wish we had more people that could articulate their thoughts like you poop maniac thank you for speaking out on this injustice
I'm happy I was able to resonate so well with you. I think it's something we can all do if we really commit!
no i do not empathize with bigots and yes it is okay to invalidate their experiences of being bigots
I don't think you understand. You don't have to empathize with un-persons, but I don't think its fair for you to invalidate my experiences and feelings empathizing with un-persons myself. You see, you might not realize this but behind every computer screen is a real human being, someone with real thoughts and real emotions, and although we may rightfully despise those human beings with equal parts venom and vigor, and commit our attention to loathing them as much as we can, I think we shouldn't shut down other people for wanting to be friends. Because after all, friendship is magic.
if those thoughts are "women and minorities should be harassed" then no i do not care about their thoughts and emotions and yes they should be shut down
I understand and agree completely. People who display the wrong kinds of behaviors and opinions should be, by default, immediately shut down. I have said this multiple times, please read my messages when I type them or I'm afraid I'll have to start taking your words in bad faith. And I'm not invalidating your experience in filling your heart with hate for other human beings, I'm just asking you not to invalidate other people who, like yourself, have the correct opinions and good labels in their experiences trying to spread positive messages.
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
(10-27-2022, 09:08 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:52 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:50 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote: And you see, that's part of the issue right there. I think you're having a critical failure to empathize, and that's okay. What's not okay is invalidating someone's experiences based on your own preconceived notions. I don't think you're approaching this from a very healthy light, but I appreciate that you took the time to engage and make your voice heard. Thank you.
I'm happy I was able to resonate so well with you. I think it's something we can all do if we really commit!
no i do not empathize with bigots and yes it is okay to invalidate their experiences of being bigots
I don't think you understand. You don't have to empathize with un-persons, but I don't think its fair for you to invalidate my experiences and feelings empathizing with un-persons myself. You see, you might not realize this but behind every computer screen is a real human being, someone with real thoughts and real emotions, and although we may rightfully despise those human beings with equal parts venom and vigor, and commit our attention to loathing them as much as we can, I think we shouldn't shut down other people for wanting to be friends. Because after all, friendship is magic.
if those thoughts are "women and minorities should be harassed" then no i do not care about their thoughts and emotions and yes they should be shut down
I understand and agree completely. People who display the wrong kinds of behaviors and opinions should be, by default, immediately shut down. I have said this multiple times, please read my messages when I type them or I'm afraid I'll have to start taking your words in bad faith. And I'm not invalidating your experience in filling your heart with hate for other human beings, I'm just asking you not to invalidate other people who, like yourself, have the correct opinions and good labels in their experiences trying to spread positive messages.
"bigots are the ones truly being marginalized" is not, in fact, a correct opinion
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(10-27-2022, 09:12 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:52 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: no i do not empathize with bigots and yes it is okay to invalidate their experiences of being bigots
"bigots are the ones truly being marginalized" is not, in fact, a correct opinion
Respectfully, I'm starting to think you are deliberately misinterpreting my statements in an effort to troll this discussion. I would like to think that this is not true, but from my understand you are taking a position of willful ignorance after I have explicitly and specifically informed you of the contrary. Please, try to do better! I know you can, each of us has it in ourselves to improve as people!
(10-27-2022, 09:16 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:57 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote: I don't think you understand. You don't have to empathize with un-persons, but I don't think its fair for you to invalidate my experiences and feelings empathizing with un-persons myself. You see, you might not realize this but behind every computer screen is a real human being, someone with real thoughts and real emotions, and although we may rightfully despise those human beings with equal parts venom and vigor, and commit our attention to loathing them as much as we can, I think we shouldn't shut down other people for wanting to be friends. Because after all, friendship is magic.
Respectfully, I'm starting to think you are deliberately misinterpreting my statements in an effort to troll this discussion. I would like to think that this is not true, but from my understand you are taking a position of willful ignorance after I have explicitly and specifically informed you of the contrary. Please, try to do better! I know you can, each of us has it in ourselves to improve as people!
it's literally your own words lol
what is even HAPPENING bro
why did i get on for the first time since i got home from work to see this

i hope all of you die soon
(10-27-2022, 09:20 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: what is even HAPPENING bro
performance art
a C- on this guy's psych 101 assignment
(10-27-2022, 09:20 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:01 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: if those thoughts are "women and minorities should be harassed" then no i do not care about their thoughts and emotions and yes they should be shut down
Well, you see, what you're doing is taking multiple different fragments from multiple different statements and refusing to read the subsequent elaboration for any of them. I don't think this behavior is particularly constructive and I don't think you really understand what's being discussed here. I think if you really try and put your mind to it, you can work towards fully grasping the situation, and we can have a more meaningful discussion going forward.

Community discussion. Come join!

(10-27-2022, 09:21 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: why did i get on for the first time since i got home from work to see this

That isn't a very kind thing to say, if I am being honest. However, I appreciate your honest input.
(10-27-2022, 09:21 PM)Reina Wrote:
performance art
I don't think that's a fair thing to say about tiefling, I think they are coming from a place of genuine good intention but the message is muddled because some parts of the discussion were skimmed over or perhaps ignored entirely.
(10-27-2022, 09:31 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:20 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:08 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote: I understand and agree completely. People who display the wrong kinds of behaviors and opinions should be, by default, immediately shut down. I have said this multiple times, please read my messages when I type them or I'm afraid I'll have to start taking your words in bad faith. And I'm not invalidating your experience in filling your heart with hate for other human beings, I'm just asking you not to invalidate other people who, like yourself, have the correct opinions and good labels in their experiences trying to spread positive messages.
Well, you see, what you're doing is taking multiple different fragments from multiple different statements and refusing to read the subsequent elaboration for any of them. I don't think this behavior is particularly constructive and I don't think you really understand what's being discussed here. I think if you really try and put your mind to it, you can work towards fully grasping the situation, and we can have a more meaningful discussion going forward.

Community discussion. Come join!

(10-27-2022, 09:21 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: why did i get on for the first time since i got home from work to see this

That isn't a very kind thing to say, if I am being honest. However, I appreciate your honest input.
(10-27-2022, 09:21 PM)Reina Wrote:
performance art
I don't think that's a fair thing to say about tiefling, I think they are coming from a place of genuine good intention but the message is muddled because some parts of the discussion were skimmed over or perhaps ignored entirely.
"While on issues such as this we can all agree that there is a wrong side to take, I think it's important not to silence that wrong side with institutional marginalization, regardless of how inflammatory, indelicate or mean-spirited that voice may be."
literally your words
the situation has been grasped just fine, you're simply incorrect