Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New "Queue" menu (PS2 Jukebox)
So i've been curious about how the current queue menu looks like & tonight i just got access to it on the test server. Unfortunately i was slightly disappointed. Specially after hearing that there are bugs that make some queues not work.

Here is my suggestion for a new Queue/Jukebox addon: https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/ga...sic-player

While it does come with a small inconvenience, that being the fact that players who wish to use the jukebox have to opt into Chromium (Gmod Beta) but that is very easy to do & since it would still have the current rank access, i believe people would not mind opting into the Chromium Gmod beta. 

Not only does the Jukebox addon have full Pointshop 2 integration (being accessed straight from f3), but every song previously queued can be saved to the list and very easily be queued again in the future. You don't even have to go to Youtube & copy a link, you can simply just use the addon search function & it will search YT for your song. 
+ staff can ban users from accessing the jukebox, if anyone abuses it. It also has the current functionality of being limited to certain ranks & a set point cost to queue a song. +++ many more very cool options that can be seen in the screenshots of the link i provided. 

Since i have bought this addon many years ago, i can provide the zip if anyone wants to test it on the test server.
                                   [Image: qFmo2rj.png]
It would require us to edit it to only play songs on round ends (since that's not something it has a feature for.) Like this might be something neat for like Prophunt where its just ambient music, but its not designed for what we are using the End Round Queueing for.

Thats just my view looking at it.
(01-14-2023, 02:23 PM)chibill Wrote: It would require us to edit it to only play songs on round ends (since that's not something it has a feature for.)  Like this might be something neat for like Prophunt where its just ambient music, but its not designed for what we are using the End Round Queueing for.

Thats just my view looking at it.
But does it 100% have to only play when the round ends? This addon doesn't play songs when a player is alive, only when the player is dead. Since the Jukebox is accessed through F3, it is very easy for players to turn down the volume or completely mute it without having to use commands. 

Personally i think the positives outweigh the negatives & it would be a massive quality of life addition, but ofc i want to know what everyone else thinks.
                                   [Image: qFmo2rj.png]
I like the idea of a simpler YouTube search. I don't think this addon specifically would be good due to the chromium requirement, but I think expanding queueing to work in dead chat is interesting.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks