Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussing Anonymity, Hostility, and Context
(12-06-2022, 02:25 PM)Reina Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 01:54 PM)Avi Wrote: I'd like people to consider why those people feel worried about what they want to say that they are inclined to go to an admin in the first place.
would you be willing to explain what this means to you? i think that would allow for a more productive discussion. as far as i know, the person who wrote the posts does not have a documented or alleged history of harassment by damien or his friends, so i don’t think that was the main reason why they asked an admin to post for them. out of respect for their wish to maintain anonymity, i won’t say what i believe the reason to be, but my belief based on what i know is that harassment is not likely to be the cause.

Now that I have a moment to type out my thoughts...

That specific statement I made was made as a generalization, one that describes both anonymous posting on apps/appeals/etc. as well as anonymous reporting. 

In the specific situation with Damien's application, I do think that there were a couple of reasonable points made in that statement, some that I've seen to be true. While I'm not worried about any backlash or issues with certain people, it seems quite a few others are worried that they can't feel free to post without tension and argument.  I do think on his app, it's ok for people to disagree with others, but to flat out deny or belittle someone for their opinion even anonymously is part of why these people don't speak out. It goes along with anonymous reporting. I can anonymously report staff to the admins at any given time. It follows the same process as these anonymous posts being made. I have an issue, I can back up my issue with examples, and it's up to the admins to decide how they want to approach it.  As a matter of fact, I approached an admin with concerns about Damien's behaviour, as stated in my comments on his app, and sent video/screenshot proof. While people agreed that there was an issue, I'm not even sure if the admins addressed it as I received no response after sending things over. But that's on the admins. In both of these situations where things are anonymous, the admin can choose to act on a report or post an anonymous post if they feel there are proper grounds to do so. So if anyone is upset at it, then they should address it with an admin, not belittle people for anonymously wanting to post.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussing Anonymity, Hostility, and Context - by reinaberg - 12-06-2022, 03:11 AM
RE: Discussing Anonymity, Hostility, and Context - by reinaberg - 12-06-2022, 10:17 AM
RE: Discussing Anonymity, Hostility, and Context - by reinaberg - 12-06-2022, 01:32 PM
RE: Discussing Anonymity, Hostility, and Context - by reinaberg - 12-06-2022, 10:18 PM
RE: Discussing Anonymity, Hostility, and Context - by reinaberg - 12-06-2022, 11:46 PM
RE: Discussing Anonymity, Hostility, and Context - by reinaberg - 12-07-2022, 12:50 AM
RE: Discussing Anonymity, Hostility, and Context - by reinaberg - 12-06-2022, 02:25 PM
RE: Discussing Anonymity, Hostility, and Context - by Avi - 12-06-2022, 02:43 PM
RE: Discussing Anonymity, Hostility, and Context - by Frosty (2) - 12-06-2022, 02:21 PM
RE: Discussing Anonymity, Hostility, and Context - by reinaberg - 12-07-2022, 01:07 AM
hfdhfd - by reinaberg - 12-06-2022, 12:30 AM
gdfgdfdgf - by J@CK XDDD - 12-06-2022, 01:07 AM
dhfhdf - by tiefling lesbian - 12-06-2022, 01:12 AM
gdf - by reinaberg - 12-06-2022, 01:32 AM
gdsgds - by Battons - 12-06-2022, 01:54 AM