Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some ideas to potentially make reputation more meaningful and productive
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
i think it would be best to just remove rep. battons said it best when he initially re-introduced the rep system-

Battons Wrote: If this becomes a problem or a nuisance I will remove it on a moments notice, so use it responsibly.

it’s become a nuisance. if it matters enough to some people that they won’t post for fear of losing points, then it defeats the purpose battons had for adding it back.
nah that's dumb. Rep is only important to people who take Gmod with them when they close the game or the forums
(12-10-2022, 12:08 PM)Reina Wrote: i think it would be best to just remove rep. battons said it best when he initially re-introduced the rep system-

Battons Wrote: If this becomes a problem or a nuisance I will remove it on a moments notice, so use it responsibly.

it’s become a nuisance. if it matters enough to some people that they won’t post for fear of losing points, then it defeats the purpose battons had for adding it back.
like i said i'm not super personally invested, these are just potential problems and potential solutions
removing it altogether is certainly one solution
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
or I can just remove rep again because you people take rep too seriously

ill respond to your suggestions themselves later today, thanks for the thread!
(12-10-2022, 12:20 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: -snip-

i see. i think that c could be a good idea if gabe does end up deciding it would be best to settle on a compromise, though i’m not sure if it’s something that can be done at the moment. it would be nice if rep could remain unaffected on appeals and applications entirely, but that seems to be an idea that has been attempted already.
i also believe that the removal of negative rep alone would still serve the intended purpose of the system by making it serve only as a reward system to encourage meaningful/funny posts. again, though, i’m unsure of how possible this would be.
(12-10-2022, 12:10 PM)Birddog6 Wrote: nah that's dumb. Rep is only important to people who take Gmod with them when they close the game or the forums

this 100%, yall take this place too seriously sometimes
when matt took rep away the book burning started.... only now the smoke has died from the mistakes of the past
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
i cannot believe anyone cares about rep, it doesn't matter at all

rep can be removed today and 2 things will (still) happen

1) you will still be mocked for saying or doing something stupid
2) you will be quoted and agreed with for saying or doing something not stupid

the number is simply a number
i found matt's alt
former admin2