Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some ideas to potentially make reputation more meaningful and productive
(12-10-2022, 12:27 PM)Gabe Wrote: or I can just remove rep again because you people take rep too seriously

ill respond to your suggestions themselves later today, thanks for the thread!
To give a more clarified response, I frankly do think some people take rep too seriously. If anyone is afraid to comment because of caring too much about their rep or losing rep, then I think that's their own fault. 

If it's creating an environment where people are scared to post and defeats the purpose of why the forums is used(i.e feedback on applications, an opinion on a thread, etc) then it's not worth keeping rep around if it's doing that. So I personally believe removing rep could be a good thing if this is an issue or becomes a widespread one. That may be an unpopular opinion.As @Battons said before, if it becomes a nuisance or a problem he'd remove it. I intend to keep that pledge as well. 

But on the other hand, I think the forums would be boring without rep, so there are likely alternatives & comprises to address the issue(s). I'd rather try to find other ways first, but I'm not going to rule out getting rid of it completely if I have to.

I think there are other options out there. I can disable negative rep completely so people can only give positive rep, I can disable reputation on applications(or just negative rep), or I can start using the ranks on the forums that remove the ability to use reputation if there's only a select few people ruining it. And I'll start doing that if it's becomes an issue. So, I'd rather try these first before completely getting rid of rep. 

As for the suggestions on the thread, I'd have to look deeper into the plugin to see if any of those are possible to give a response. I think it'd be simpler to try the ones I listed in the paragraph above first since those are more straightforward. But I appreciate the ideas! I'll probably expand upon my thoughts to these specific suggestions later
(12-10-2022, 06:24 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 12:27 PM)Gabe Wrote: Snip
This sounds be great, as I said once said(I think) +1 rep if you agree, if you don't then give feedback. 

I'm drunk so if something doesn't make sense then just know I am drunk
[Image: unknown.png]
(12-10-2022, 02:50 PM)Jammin Wrote: Some folks are just simps. Examples include @Nicol Bolas

Ayo what the fuck
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(12-10-2022, 09:17 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 02:50 PM)Jammin Wrote: Some folks are just simps. Examples include @Nicol Bolas

Ayo what the fuck
Roasted
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(12-10-2022, 09:17 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:

Ayo what the fuck
so owned dude
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
Imo rep isn’t a problem. Who really cares about the number? I have only really seen people -1 and +1 for valid reasons. If you’re dumb you get a -1, if you actually have some insightful information you get a +1. Personally, I think the rep system really shouldn’t play that big a role that this thread is needed.
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
(12-10-2022, 04:13 PM)Wilfry Wrote: My opinion has always been that if you are going to disagree then give a response that helps to improve unless the comment is real bad that creates problem and incites drama.
-1 just because you don't like someone is the wuss route to shit on a person and not provide anything positive.
This
[Image: ehzhie1yovv21.jpg]
(12-10-2022, 08:08 AM)real (2) Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 07:54 AM)Icey Wrote: rep is fine you guys just say retarded stuff
your whuite skinned.
[Image: EbWfbQAWsAA1BgO.png]
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
upvote this post to give me more rep
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Listen, none of you get it. My invaluable internet points are the ONLY THING I have left. My wife is gone, the kids left, I'm foreclosing my house... Please don't -1 me omg!