im caribou
Might be a good idea to make this a different thread, but as the current posts are on this post, I'll comment this here.

The idea of not punishing because someone already served out a ban for the warns they received points for makes zero sense. That's the point of the expiration dates on them.

I'll use an extreme example. Someone engages in a little moderate teaming. They get 6 points. They do it again, have 12 points, and are banned for a day. They come back when unbanned, do it again. This would put them at 18 points, and have them banned for 3 days. Or, according to the logic of not punishing for warns that are not expired but they've been "punished for", they're back down to 0 points, essentially, and can just team again twice and get a day ban? That makes it so that only things that constitute instant permabans would ever get you to the point where you're being banned for more than a day unless you do multiple things at once, or for whatever reason no one bans you for warn threshold for several more warns.

Same concept for several instances of metagaming, or anything worse less points, or a mixture. If it's just repeated things, why would they disappear because the punishment is made, when low point values expire in just a month? If someone is doing 8 low point things in the span of a month to get a 2 week ban, that's entirely on them.

Edit: Also, because I entirely misread this, but still stand by it even after reading it. He served a slay and got warned, resulting in a ban. People have x punishment and also a warn happen constantly, the biggest thing being slurs or mic spam. We're not going to just gag someone and not warn them because "Ope, they got punished for not being able to talk for a bit"
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
i think one of the biggest issues currently revolving around caribou is monkey magic, and what seems to be constant baiting for him

to direct back on before going off again- rdm and leave itself prior to awarn update was not something we ever banned regulars for, so i'm surprised its something that we still warn regulars for (??). the whole point of rdm and leave warns and bans were to deter the player from leaving with a slay, but we know that with regulars, theyll come back and serve it itself, like others said rdm and leave itself as a warn is something that should be looked at outside (for sure) of this thread, and maybe considered here in this thread as well?

off topic kinda: monkey magic has a history himself of baiting into behaviors, then crying wolf every single time something happens. for weeks on weeks he binded "KOS caribou he is black-" or something of the sort, and appears to hold some sort of grudge against everyone who he thinks is caribous friend. i killed monkey magic once for shooting at someone before kosing then he cried targeting for rounds until told to cut it out lol, same thing he appears to do w caribous actual friends too

also: the screenshots unfortunately dont help us understand how soon caribou left after that, which we would have to relay on laced etc
(12-11-2022, 11:08 AM)⚡Nash Wrote: +1 unban.

This point system is so harsh.
most people don't have a problem not getting 20 points
feels like some people just want to go back to the old system where warnings meant nothing and you could get 50 warns with no punishment by just spacing out your rule breaking slightly
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
I've only done it a couple of times. Jammin warned me via voice chat that caribou is not happy with this message. I stopped doing that. ( Played on the minecraft map and simple. I wrote this message only on 2 maps. On the 2nd map, I was asked to stop, which I did. It was about a year ago.) If a player has complaints about me, let him write a report on me on the forum.
I don't divide players into friends or enemies of caribou. If a player does not offend others or me and calmly plays with everyone, then I have no complaints about him. Maybe you should get to know me better or play together.
The screenshot shows how soon the player exited the game. After death, a suggestion pops up about a report in which there is no longer a player who has left the server.
Have a nice day.
(12-11-2022, 12:00 PM)Monkey Magic (Ape/Primate) Wrote: I've only done it a couple of times. Jammin warned me via voice chat that caribou is not happy with this message. I stopped doing that. ( Played on the minecraft map and simple. I wrote this message only on 2 maps. On the 2nd map, I was asked to stop, which I did. It was about a year ago.) If a player has complaints about me, let him write a report on me on the forum.
I don't divide players into friends or enemies of caribou. If a player does not offend others or me and calmly plays with everyone, then I have no complaints about him. Maybe you should get to know me better or play together.
The screenshot shows how soon the player exited the game. After death, a suggestion pops up about a report in which there is no longer a player who has left the server.
Have a nice day.
not to go back and forth, but !report can be typed at any point in the round (even if the time in bottom left shows 6:20)
*ahem* Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, my name is Foxka and i'm here to set things straight for the community, and more importantly Caribou.

As seen in the staff guidelines here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wzuX...9xiqM/edit - There is NO guidelines for issuing warn points for RDM and leave, just issuing a slay/ban as appropriate to the situation. That means, there is NO reason a warn of 2 (two) points should have been issued for the heinous act Caribou commited against the player known as "Monkey Magic". Therefore, it is my dissertation that this ban is ILLEGITIMATE and needs to be overturned IMMEDIATELY! The justice system takes it's toll on the innocent and it is our part, nay our duty, to rectify these injustices!

+1 free this man.

Tl;dr - you aren't supposed to warn for rdm and leave so he shouldn't have been banned for a threshold, just slain as per rdm and leave guidelines (one slay).
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
every time i see monkey magic on the server he's trying to bait caribou into doing something to him so i find it hard to give a shit that he gets the attention he obviously craves

(12-11-2022, 07:47 AM)Frozen Anger Wrote: -1.

You were told not to interact with Monkey Magic at least twice now and you targetted him?? I agree with Jammin; you're lucky the warn was for RDM and Leave and not Harassment. It's  clear you didn't take the hint last time someone told you not to interact with him.

Regardless of how the community feels about that individual, targetting them with constant RDM is not the right way to do it.

idk what this post is but rdming someone 1 time is not targeting or harassment, it's called ttt it just happens when you play
(12-11-2022, 12:11 PM)Foxka Wrote: *ahem* Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, my name is Foxka and i'm here to set things straight for the community, and more importantly Caribou.

As seen in the staff guidelines here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wzuX...9xiqM/edit - There is NO guidelines for issuing warn points for RDM and leave, just issuing a slay/ban as appropriate to the situation. That means, there is NO reason a warn of 2 (two) points should have been issued for the heinous act Caribou commited against the player known as "Monkey Magic". Therefore, it is my dissertation that this ban is ILLEGITIMATE and needs to be overturned IMMEDIATELY! The justice system takes it's toll on the innocent and it is our part, nay our duty, to rectify these injustices!

+1 free this man.

Tl;dr - you aren't supposed to warn for rdm and leave so he shouldn't have been banned for a threshold, just slain as per rdm and leave guidelines (one slay).
Regardless of your feelings on there being a punishment for RDM and leave, it's still there. Ignoring the fact that bryan added a warn preset for it doesn't make it go away. It's there and meant to be used as of right now. Not having it in the guidelines is likely an oversight by bryan and he's already been informed of it.

This was a legitimate warn/ban, the only question from here is should caribou stay banned or have his ban shortened/removed entirely?
(12-11-2022, 12:46 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 12:11 PM)Foxka Wrote: *ahem* Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, my name is Foxka and i'm here to set things straight for the community, and more importantly Caribou.

+1 free this man.

Regardless of your feelings on there being a punishment for RDM and leave, it's still there. Ignoring the fact that bryan added a warn preset for it doesn't make it go away. It's there and meant to be used as of right now. Not having it in the guidelines is likely an oversight by bryan and he's already been informed of it.

This was a legitimate warn/ban, the only question from here is should caribou stay banned or have his ban shortened/removed entirely?
I don't know about you but personally i think it's ridiculous to punish people for things only staff in the staff discord know about, so no i disagree with this entirely that a hidden punishment should have happened to begin with.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(12-11-2022, 12:56 PM)Foxka Wrote: I don't know about you but personally i think it's ridiculous to punish people for things only staff in the staff discord know about, so no i disagree with this entirely that a hidden punishment should have happened to begin with.
I don't wanna derail this thread so this will be my last response. RDM and Leave being a warnable offense is something that has been common knowledge for almost two months now. Claiming ignorance after that long is complete nonsense.

We can debate the semantics of RDM and Leave warns/bans all day long but the correct punishments were given for these circumstances. It's not as if I gave caribou a warn that I shouldn't have, it's a preset that bryan put in after the new awarn menu was added. I don't like it either but it's only fair that the rules apply to everyone the same, even if the rule is stupid, it's still gonna be enforced before it eventually gets removed for being stupid.