Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RDM and leave does not necessitate a warn or ban
The staff guidelines have been updated to include the warning for 1x RDM and leave instead of removing RDM and leave entirely, so I am here to say it should just be removed as it is unnecessary and overly convoluted.

As others have mentioned many times, banning for rdm and leave has not been necessary for many years as autoslays persist when a player logs out, meaning they will still have to serve them when they next play.

Furthermore, the punishments for RDM and leave are inconsistent and unnecessarily complex and inconsistent:
• Attempted RDM and leave is 1 autoslay, no warning
• 1x successful RDM and leave is a 2 point warning
• 2x RDM and leave is a 1 day ban
• 3x RDM and leave is a 1 week ban
Why are these additional punishments and distinctions needed? If a player is consistently or mass RDMing, there is already a separate punishment for that.

Additionally, a slay is considered served the second it takes effect, you don't need to wait for the round to finish after being slain and can immediately leave, so what difference does it even make?

If a player RDMs and leaves, they should simply receive autoslays for when they join back. If they mass RDM and leave, it should simply be handled as mass RDM.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
*puts on fedora*

you just wouldn’t get it….
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
I agree that since the auto slay system exists it shouldn't have to warrant a warn or ban. Unless of course it's mass rdm. I have RDMed someone as I was trying to get off and I have to wait for the next round to verify the slay or confirm with my victim that I am forgiven.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
commenting the same thing that I did on another thread. rdm and leave not being bannable was a major W, but it being warnable was a major setback and L. just make it unpunishable aside from a slay for killing a single person...
read
I was thinking the reason for it being a warning was to track players who did it consistently, but then again we do have the ban guidelines for multiple instances of RDM and leave like you mentioned. Does make the warn a bit redundant. Maybe it helps too for written evidence if someone is alt evading? But again, there's a set of guidelines for that.
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
intent is 100% important, we should tweak the rule to where the person intentionally leaves after they rdm someone they get a warn. You can also just ask a staff member if you can serve your slay at a later time if you need/want to log off. If you get reported and leave before you reply that's on you though.
(12-12-2022, 01:25 PM)BillyBob Wrote: *puts on fedora*

you just wouldn’t get it….
[Image: audience-throwing-vegetables-at-performe...Jri8rBV0o=]
bro you guys play for 10+ hours each day just wait till next round to die.

but in all seriousness, remove the warn for rdm + leave * 1. Any more than that is warn > warn + ban > etc
(12-12-2022, 04:37 PM)Damien Wrote: intent is 100% important, we should tweak the rule to where the person intentionally leaves after they rdm someone they get a warn. You can also just ask a staff member if you can serve your slay at a later time if you need/want to log off. If you get reported and leave before you reply that's on you though.

but you gotta ask, why doe
its no different from normal rdm, they just get slain later instead of the very next round. leaving affects nothing