Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friend was banned for something he didnt do
Steam Name: AzidoAzide Azide (posted by Frogboyextreme)

Steam ID: 76561197999475372

Who Banned You: Biig_Sad

Reason For Ban: We were given none until i asked for an explanation and all we could get was that he had a "Previous History". He had been banned by this same person before and that from what i remember was a 24 hour and was told for the first time of his Previous History, but with this one I have a witness STEAMNAME: NUBB LUBB  that will attest to the fact that Azido was blamed for saying "Odd Fellow" which was actually another person on the server who was just doing general mic spam and because of that, without inquiring further he hit him with a month ban. I really am not trying to rock any boats but when i tried to ask why and explain i was told to either shut up or get out and to take it to the forums, so i am. 

Sorry for all the problems i just wanna be able to game with my friend and not have to worry about him getting constantly banned for what we're told is basically nothing.
Unfortunately, you can't make unban requests on behalf of another person. Your friend will have to post an unban request on his own.

also, the steamid you're looking for is STEAM_0:0:19604822

edit: wait, your friend isn't even banned, according to the system we use to log bans. what
(01-02-2023, 02:10 AM)Frog Boy Extreme Wrote: Steam Name: AzidoAzide Azide (posted by Frogboyextreme)

Reason For Ban: We were given none until i asked for an explanation and all we could get was that he had a "Previous History". He had been banned by this same person before and that from what i remember was a 24 hour and was told for the first time of his Previous History, but with this one I have a witness STEAMNAME: NUBB LUBB  that will attest to the fact that Azido was blamed for saying "Odd Fellow" which was actually another person on the server who was just doing general mic spam and because of that, without inquiring further he hit him with a month ban. I really am not trying to rock any boats but when i tried to ask why and explain i was told to either shut up or get out and to take it to the forums, so i am. 

Sorry for all the problems i just wanna be able to game with my friend and not have to worry about him getting constantly banned for what we're told is basically nothing.

to answer your inquiries,
1 no. I did not "hit" your friend with a month ban. I am incapable of that. I tried to apply a 1440 minute ban or a 1 day ban.
2. Azido was getting people to slur/was slurbaiting around the N word.
3. As stated in my current ongoing ban request as of 1/2/23 1:53 AM CST, azido has been listed many many times for trolling/harassment. infact, Ryzif, one of our admins issued him a day ban for trolling/harassment. I am fairly certain I have issued azido a ban before for trolling (though for the life of me I cannot find it, so I do not have an exact date at the moment).

objection: wrong person::
If I did not get it correct on the person, I do apologize. However take this from my perspective. you come back after almost a month hiatus, and you really want to play some prophunt. you hop on, and you come back to a raging shitstorm where multiple people are cheating and where multiple people are maxing out the mic with slurs.

In this scenario, ID of voice can become really hard. I am fairly certain I saw Azido's name come up, and the comments made were in line with previous things he has said. Additionally, the comments sounded like Azido(to me) so I linked the comments together with Azido.

So don't take me wrong. If I am in fact wrong, then lets all drop it. so at this point its pretty much no harm no foul if nothing amiss occurred. however, I have a ban request up to place that particular map under further review. So, no worries! this issue is currently being addressed by our staff team!
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(01-02-2023, 02:13 AM)real (2) Wrote: Unfortunately, you can't make unban requests on behalf of another person. Your friend will have to post an unban request on his own.

edit: wait, your friend isn't even banned, according to the system we use to log bans. what
Really? Okay, ill let him know, maybe they unbanned him? I know he couldnt get back in earlier but ill have him try. Thank you and happy new years!

(01-02-2023, 03:03 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 02:10 AM)Frog Boy Extreme Wrote: Steam Name: AzidoAzide Azide (posted by Frogboyextreme)

to answer your inquiries,
1 no. I did not "hit" your friend with a month ban. I am incapable of that. I tried to apply a 1440 minute ban or a 1 day ban.
2. Azido was getting people to slur/was slurbaiting around the N word.
3. As stated in my current ongoing ban request as of 1/2/23 1:53 AM CST, azido has been listed many many times for trolling/harassment. infact, Ryzif, one of our admins issued him a day ban for trolling/harassment. I am fairly certain I have issued azido a ban before for trolling (though for the life of me I cannot find it, so I do not have an exact date at the moment).

objection: wrong person::
If I did not get it correct on the person, I do apologize. However take this from my perspective. you come back after almost a month hiatus, and you really want to play some prophunt. you hop on, and you come back to a raging shitstorm where multiple people are cheating and where multiple people are maxing out the mic with slurs.

In this scenario, ID of voice can become really hard. I am fairly certain I saw Azido's name come up, and the comments made were in line with previous things he has said. Additionally, the comments sounded like Azido(to me) so I linked the comments together with Azido.

So don't take me wrong. If I am in fact wrong, then lets all drop it. so at this point its pretty much no harm no foul if nothing amiss occurred. however, I have a ban request up to place that particular map under further review. So, no worries! this issue is currently being addressed by our staff team!
Thank you very much for responding. I understand that this whole thing is frustrating for everyone involved, and I do apologize if I have upset you or anything, I really was just trying to be fair and it felt unfair. I understand his impressions and stuff annoy some but its just that usually we all have a fun time and wanna laugh and play games together. I really do appreciate you saying this, and I do very much apologize if I came off hostile at all. I just wanted to felt heard I guess. And I was told that it was a month ban by both of them so Im not sure.
FYI Ban request for individual is posted here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=17744

Also t-mods can only do 24hr bans iirc, so you should be able to rejoin tomorrow (it's very unlikely you'll get unbanned by this thread). However, I would ensure these facts are properly portrayed on the ban request I linked, such that you can properly defend yourself (your friend really should log in and defend themselves, it takes roughly 12 seconds to do ;) )
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(01-02-2023, 02:13 AM)real (2) Wrote: Unfortunately, you can't make unban requests on behalf of another person. Your friend will have to post an unban request on his own.

To touch on this, yeah you can't make a request on someone's behalf. However the ban should be through at this point. Understandably the reference was in bad timing to the situation. 

Considering there isn't an active ban I'm gonna go ahead and close this.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]