Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Forum Updates] Plan for the Upcoming Year & New Web Mod
(01-02-2023, 11:07 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:57 PM)real (2) Wrote: -snippy snip-

fix wording "yada yada yada... user they do not like" is confuse

igree, “This may range from making new users to mass + or - a post.” doesn’t make sense. the whole rule has pretty poor wording. i think something like this may be a little clearer:
 “This includes using fake accounts, targeting one user as a group, and -1ing everyone with an opinion different from your own. Since not every possible scenario can be spelled out here, staff may use their discretion to determine whether or not this rule is being broken.”
(01-03-2023, 01:50 PM)real (3) Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:57 PM)real (2) Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:45 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote: just a question but would rep manipulation work the opposite way as well, i.e. a group mass 'upvoting' an individual instead? idk i didn't really read all of it

Yes. See below.

[Image: 9439efa3cbc990aa9610612f9459fad3.png]

fix wording "yada yada yada... user they do not like" is confuse

igree, “This may range from making new users to mass + or - a post.” doesn’t make sense. the whole rule has pretty poor wording. i think something like this may be a little clearer:
 “This includes using fake accounts, targeting one user as a group, and -1ing everyone with an opinion different from your own. Since not every possible scenario can be spelled out here, staff may use their discretion to determine whether or not this rule is being broken.”
Agree. We'll work on the wording sometime today.

edit: Handled.
(01-03-2023, 01:50 PM)real (3) Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:57 PM)real (2) Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:45 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote: -snip-
-snip-
Fixed the wording for that part of rep manipulation rule - I want to clarify that the wording is still a work in progress. Apologies for not fixing that, I didn't touch much of the previous wording yet and only made some slight adjustments to be able to get this post pushed out so Laced can join the team. Agreed with you two that it did not make sense. Laced and I will be going through the full wording of the rules and start to genuinely fix them up in the coming days. I’ll post a full change log of those.

Edit: change log is posted!
Thanks to all those who gave constructive criticisms, unfortunately we reached the point where people are commenting just to be spiteful, so this thread is being locked.

edit: Just to be clear, all necessary changes brought up in this thread have been made. If anyone has another idea, we now have a "website suggestions" subforum or you can directly message myself or Gabe. c: