Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Reminder on Internet Safety and Digital Footprints
The Internet has been around for a long time now, and has become more and more intertwined with various facets of day-to-day lives, to the point where we often forget how much can actually be found out from our various profiles, especially the farther back you are. If you've been using the internet with varying degrees of responsibility for a good 15 years, your digital footprint may have a significant impact that can be difficult to clean up.

This basically serves as a reminder to private accounts if you don't have a want/need for them to be public, and be wary of personal information. Last night there was a hacker on TTT and, to keep him from playing and being harmful while a staff member wrote a report, I'd kept him gagged/muted/kicked. He then decided to start joining the server with past addresses I'd lived at, which we're not entirely sure by what means he got past exact addresses vs my current one. Either way, even though most threats are idle, and in this case it wouldn't have affected me at all, I just think of the possibility of getting random people swatted or something.

I'm uniquely situated to be fine with being doxxed pretty heavily, and even use my real name and sometimes last name fairly often, so it's not all that terrible for me, but just remember when you sign up for staff, or help staff, or even argue with people who are being negative impacts to a server, it's a possibility. If you don't want to run the risk of being doxxed, just err the side of caution. Even though they were past addresses, there's always that twinge of fear, and still a good bit of discomfort.

Just be careful out there.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
ok bartholomew
the fbi has been trying for years, it's not going to be a script kiddie that gets me.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
Hope you're all right bro thumbs up
really sorry that happened to u man
This post is sponsored by NordVPN. Staying safe online is an ever growing difficulty and you could be exploited by hackers. NordVPN allows you to change your IP address, making you harder to track, securing your privacy. Check out the link in the description to get 20% off for the first two months and thank you to NordVPN for sponsoring this post.
                                   [Image: qFmo2rj.png]
Hopefully nothing bad comes from this and that you’re safe rand!
check ur mailbox
My name is Walter Hartwell White. I live at 308 Negra Arroyo Lane, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87104