Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Voting Overhaul
I think outside most maps themselves, anything map-related sucks.

RTV is scuffed. The server has 2 different RTV systems that accomplish the same thing but 1 needs more votes than the other. The RTV system should use the same vote system as the end-game. It is a little messy in its current state. Not to mention that is exploitable as shown by this video.
Video of RTV exploit

The vote itself sucks, too. You only get 6 maps to choose from. It feels like the most popular maps such as Crash, Dimmsdale, and/or Gas_station are not shown by chance but are forced to attempt to drag in more people. Regardless of the truth behind that, it is a lackluster system. The "Random" option is misleading. A majority of new players are perplexed upon being told it chooses randomly from only the 6 maps shown in the vote. I think random should encompass the entirety of the map collection the server has excluding the map in which the vote is taking place.

What we really need is just a brand new map voting system that presents new maps and uses workshop thumbnails as the icon image. The system should include up to 8-10 maps to vote from and the ability to "nominate" a map favorable to whoever uses the nominate feature. For those who do not know, nominating would push that map into the vote. If more than 8 (or 10) maps are nominated, it is just a roll of the dice which maps make it in.

I realize this is much bigger than just adding or editing maps. Just keep in mind for the day we actually get an active owner/co-owner.
I wonder if the TTT mapvote system can be ported to PH.
@chibill ?
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(06-07-2023, 01:18 AM)Jammin Wrote: I wonder if the TTT mapvote system can be ported to PH.
@chibill ?

It can be from what I understand & is something I plan on swinging at quite soon. I just wanted to see the outcome of chellls co-owner app 1st.
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
(06-07-2023, 02:01 AM)Super Milk Chan Wrote:
(06-07-2023, 01:18 AM)Jammin Wrote: I wonder if the TTT mapvote system can be ported to PH.
@chibill ?

It can be from what I understand & is something I plan on swinging at quite soon. I just wanted to see the outcome of chellls co-owner app 1st.
Lol in that case we can put this suggestion on hold for approximately 6 months+
I'd love for us to have map voting overhauled, but considering how long it takes to get other updates, I'm not sure if it's feasible.
What I'd really like is map recommendations based on player count like TTT has.
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]
@chibill ?

If shoutvote works for Prophunt then it should work, since the TTT mapvote system is just a modification to shoutvote.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
(06-07-2023, 07:55 AM)Gabe Wrote:
@chibill ?

Lol in that case we can put this suggestion on hold for approximately 6 months+
6 Dinkle-months* lol
???????? ??????