Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient History
Hello! My name is Jeffrey, and I come from the before-times.

It is likely that nobody in the current community remembers me. I haven't prowled through the members list, so I really don't know how many people that I may have known are here.

I am an old timer from the spiritual parent of this community, 1PS TTT. Frankly, I wouldn't remember that name if it weren't for the Steam group still existing. I found myself on a nostalgia trip, clicked onto the group page for 1PS TTT on steam, and saw the updated website link. I assumed it would be a dud link given the shutdown of Enjin, but was surprised to find not only an existing forum, but an active community.

For some history, I became an Admin on 1PS on August 23, 2014. I only know that date because I found my old application on the wayback machine. I was 13 at the time, and apparently pretty cringe. At the time, Frizzy was head admin, and I think he was doing a lot of the legwork for Dink on the server. From what I can tell from reading around on this forum, Dink's activity is still about as sporadic as it was 9 years ago.

I was gaming on an old laptop at the time, and I still have some memories of gmod crashing it. Specifically, I remember that whenever I would crash, there was a decent chance that my rank would vanish, and I would be reset to Guest rank. Also, when I was promoted to Admin, Red Panda (another admin at the time) tried to admin chat a ban against me as a joke. He messed up the admin chat and actually banned me. There was also the infamous and loved Crusty Crab map. The entire interior was filled with props, so the dubstep gun and poltergeist gun were excellent ways to kill both your traitor buddies and yourself.

I don't quite remember how I ended up leaving the community. It is entirely possible that I made an utter ass of myself and separated on bad terms. It's also possible my laptop just broke and I stopped playing computer games long enough to distance from the community. I honestly don't remember. All of my logs and recorded history of the server and community pretty much died with that old laptop—including the Skype account I used. That note alone should date this post. We used Skype as the main communication platform off of the server. I'm pretty sure Discord didn't even exist at that time.

I suppose I've rambled enough. I don't know if I'll actually end up rejoining any of the servers. I kicked my addiction to gmod and TTT years ago. I just thought I'd pop my head in and say hey. It's really awesome to see that this community has survived to today. It's really cool that a gmod community I played with in middle school is still around now that I'm done with undergrad. If anyone from those ancient times sees this, feel free to reach out. My voice finally got deeper, so I should be much more tolerable to talk to.

Peace, Jeffrey12225
Welcome to the forums!
dinosaur

Welcome back!
Hello fellow 1PS refugee.
Welcome back!
???????? ??????
Damn, another 1PS survivor. Welcome to Dinklebergs haha or Welcome Back lol
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]