Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are not going uphill
(01-19-2024, 07:02 PM)clay Wrote: How many times do you need to be allowed to be a bigot and seriously threaten the comfort of fellow members for you to finally feel like you've been able to express yourself? ?
8 years and I am threatening community member now? Man I misg be a great actor.
[Image: its-vodka-vodka.gif]
(01-19-2024, 05:51 PM)A Steel Waffle Wrote: Message message message word word word (shrinking this so it doesn't consume half a page).
I know where you are coming from in this regard. Depending on who you are it is super easy to be put on a community shit list lol. It sucks too because the way you get targeted is just extra rule enforcement and technicality hunting (which on its own is technically not against the rules) but either way yeah it still stinks. I stopped coming to the server as often for that being one major reason.

Thinking too hard about it, suicidal thoughts, blah blah just stress in general...and I found that coming here typically is a pretty good catalyst for going to a bad head space. I would suggest checking out other communities, I for one already found one with way more lax staffing that is almost like a clone of this one.

I already found one that doesn't have DarkRP style rule enforcement.

DISCLAIMER!!! THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON STAFF FOR TAKING ACTION AGAINST DELIBERATE HARASSMENT AND PEOPLE TRYING TO MAKE THE COMMUNITY GENUINELY UNCOMFY.

If you feel the need to rep bomb me, delete me on steam, etc do it lol. I lost almost everything so there is nothing more to go. The point is yes some people here do feel the need to take this game way to seriously like they are a pastor at bible school. Remember boys its Garry's Mod, have fun and try not to get too up in arms.

The old days of GMod are over which now comes with the addition of 33 extra genders, pay to win, retarded backrooms servers, and Skibidi toilet. You have a good head on your shoulder's, don't let your sanity run out and repeat my mistakes (playing here too much and trying to fight the system) It is flawed and like everything in life will never be perfect.

Anyways good luck man! You know where to find me on Discord.

Thankfully - Unhinged Griddy
if you're leaving to go to another server then leave lmfao, don't post about it on the forums like it's some kinda flex and then lurk on the page to see how many people care

(01-19-2024, 08:30 PM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: It sucks too because the way you get targeted is just extra rule enforcement (which on its own is technically not against the rules) but either way yeah it still stinks. I stopped coming to the server as often for that being one major reason.

it's so weird when the people who are the biggest headaches for the staff complain that they're being punished for breaking rules
I will not be keeping up with this per my therapists opinion leaving this believe it or not has been very heavy but like I said I will be on much less often. Yes community means more to me than it may to others.

(01-19-2024, 08:35 PM)lacer Wrote: if you're leaving to go to another server then leave lmfao, don't post about it on the forums like it's some kinda flex and then lurk on the page to see how many people care

(01-19-2024, 08:30 PM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: It sucks too because the way you get targeted is just extra rule enforcement (which on its own is technically not against the rules) but either way yeah it still stinks. I stopped coming to the server as often for that being one major reason.

it's so weird when the people who are the biggest headaches for the staff complain that they're being punished for breaking rules
Consider it done
[Image: its-vodka-vodka.gif]
hey man, i +1d u can u remove ur -1 on me thanks
[Image: unknown.png]
You should surround yourself in a positive environment. If the forums have become a negative one there is no harm or foul in forgetting about it and leaving. I'm not suggesting you should leave because I dislike you. If it is actually harming your mental health just stay away from it and find a better substitute.

The admins aren't some shadow organization out to get you. That's not an issue anymore, Dakody's been gone for 6 years.
former admin2
(01-19-2024, 08:29 PM)A Steel Waffle Wrote:
(01-19-2024, 07:02 PM)clay Wrote: How many times do you need to be allowed to be a bigot and seriously threaten the comfort of fellow members for you to finally feel like you've been able to express yourself? ?
8 years and I am threatening community member now? Man I misg be a great actor.
Game communities change. I have also been around here for about 8 years and many here myself included were a lot edgier and much more stuff that’s no longer accepted now was acceptable then. Many who have been around that long have “grown out” and have strived to be a community where different folks can come in and not hear the Wikipedia articles of slurs being read aloud. I think your thing has always been when you’re calm and collected it’s cool, you’re fun to play the game with, people get along. But, in these 8 years, I’m well aware and always hsve had the impression you have an extremely short temper. Anything that sets you off and the gloves come off. You get very hotheaded, argumentative, and will resort to attacking personal characters of who you’re at odds with. The community as a whole doesn’t have the patience to wait for you to calm down again in those cases is what I’m reading from this. So, yeah- while I harbor no ill will towards you myself, the fact this is what happened doesn’t particularly surprise me either. Best of luck.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Hey Steel, I'm happy to hear that you found a community where you are happy and feel welcome. At the end of the day, you should put yourself first.

However, the staff team has always been extremely patient with you and you have been given multiple chances to change. You seem to feel the need to push and test staff with edgy posts and jokes. Despite what you think, you don't HAVE to post edgy videos and make racist jokes. You are expected to follow the rules of our servers regardless of how long you have been here. Despite this, you continue to do the same things over and over and ride the fine line of what is rule-breaking and what is not. You are more than welcome to come back, but we expect you to abide by the same rules that EVERYONE else does.

I'm sorry again that you feel the need to leave the server and I wish things could have gone differently. Good luck my friend.
(01-19-2024, 05:51 PM)A Steel Waffle Wrote: Regardless of how you agree or disagree staff discretion is not a fair fight by any means.

It's stupid of me to respond to a post like this, but i wanna clarify this point for you. I know it's frustrating to not be given the chance to respond, but there's a major difference between using staff discretion and then refusing to let the ban recipient explain their side, vs. having evidence of a rule being broken that is so inexcusable in any context that there is nothing for the ban recipient to explain. An informant's comfort and anonymity is infinitely more valuable to me than an empty excuse.
(01-19-2024, 08:30 PM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: The old days of GMod are over which now comes with the addition of 33 extra genders, pay to win, retarded backrooms servers, and Skibidi toilet.
are you 14 in 2016 or what, what does the 33 extra genders have to do with anything other than a moronic bigoted argument