Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more weapon change requests
hi im back with another kinda shitty weapon suggestion

So, lemme preface this, I think weapon balancing in TTT should be more similar to TF2, not CS. It's a casual gamemode. I think that all weapon combos should have some type of synergy or compliment each other in some way. In a lot of cases, there is a lot of fun to be had combining weapons. Take for example the main combo that I use, the rifle and the deagle. This combo rewards accuracy by allowing one-shot headshots, it feels great and it's hella solid. Now: replace the deagle with a Glock, you get a completely different playstyle instead of having to focus primarily on headshots, you can now use bodyshots and finish them off the the Glock. Great stuff, love that versatility of weapons. However, not every gun needs to be insanely different I think that the rifle/silenced rifle are a perfect example. They are very, very similar weapons yet they feel completely different. 

On to the main point though. I think that the bullshite was overnerfed --- in no way should it be what it used to be but I think that but it needs to be viable --god i love that word. So. Here's what's wrong with it. Let's first categorize this weapon into the same type of pistol as the deagle, pocket rifle and S&W. Let's just call them "Long-range" headshot weapons. (since the HK and luger can one-shot close range) If the deagle is default of this type of weapon, the others fulfill some sort of niche while retaining the basic traits of the deagle.
  • S&W: Higher fire-rate, less damage
  • Pocket Rifle: pocket rifle
  • Bullshite: longer range than deagle, more damage, slower shooting... or is it.
The bullshite does 20 damage in the arm, 34 on the body and 134 (I think) headshot. It is less accurate at long range than the deagle. That ain't it chief. 

I think it should do more damage, be more accurate at long range. It's not currently a weapon that is used because it pales in comparison to the competition. It shouldn't at all be what it was, even though the range and damage were two things that were nerfed initially. Maybe, slightly better range than the deagle and 40 body + higher limb dmg? Keep the fire rate. 

uhh and the deal with the silenced pistol --- I think the proposed change to the silenced pistol is neat but I think it'd be even better if it just didn't leave DNA and you just put it as a secondary instead of a T weapon. Switch up the meta a lil bit, yk.

edit: also you know what would be really cool... a loadout selector.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
Buff the ares
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
afaik you can't change limb damage of guns, it's just a default modifier
i want to do a wider balance pass at some point but in the meantime we can look into a small tweak for the bullshite
as for the silenced pistol, no dna would be too strong for a standard weapon and chibill already did all the work figuring out the dna stuff so that's going to stay
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
Increase mag size in M24
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(02-07-2024, 04:45 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: snip
It is a modifier, but if ya up the body you'll up the limb. With that being said, while I would initally agree with you about the silenced pistol I think that the meta would largely remain the deagle. I think a DNAless weapon, would shake up the meta because of the gun being good more than whether or not it would have DNA. With that being said, if it were to go into the public's weapon options it should totally be a cheap weapon buyable by anyone. I think that the MP5 makes more of an impact on gameplay currently that this change. However, if it were to cause a big stink and meta shift, I'm sure it could be reverted relatively quickly, or phased out like the double barrel shotgun was.

but this isn't the thread for that so I'll leave it there
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
Also we do have an addon in the works (mostly fixing up an existing one) that will allow for quicker balancing of weapons.