Unban Request Smurfy
warns can be appealed.
(02-16-2024, 12:21 AM)TDawg4 Wrote: This is the 8 point warn 

"Kessler was community banned for sexting minors" 

https://streamable.com/6kle9w
This is damning, but also has rewatch value. it was in reference to the lacedxanax situation which I can only assume  was for that purpose. Also, I said oop, so it was obviously a joke. I don't understand why certain topics are overall taboo and can never be discussed, it wasn't even accusatory. It was an off comment with comedic intent.
(02-16-2024, 12:28 AM)proper Wrote:

this is kinda crazy to say wtf? even with the context provided why would you say that lol
It was something quantum said in a discord call. Maybe I shouldn't have said it in vc for dinkleberg's. Maybe I should have just kept my comments to discord.
(02-16-2024, 12:31 AM)smurfy_beefjerky Wrote:

this is kinda crazy to say wtf? even with the context provided why would you say that lol
It was something quantum said in a discord call. Maybe I shouldn't have said it in vc for dinkleberg's. Maybe I should have just kept my comments to discord.
@Quantum_Edge explain yourself son
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
Here are screenshots of you saying what you said, twice, which ultimately led to the slur warning: https://imgur.com/a/kuHuSPr

I've always known that word to be a slur, but apparently there is a movement of reappropriation to reclaim the word. If there is a reappropriation movement, in my mind, that means the word is a "banned" word, as you called it. If the admins want to remove the warn, fine. I'm not going to argue over a warn.

What I will bring up is that you used the word as a "double entendre" meaning that you knew the word was, at minimum, inappropriate. There are other words that are contextually or culturally fine (like the N word, cigarette word, and the car part word) that have been brought up and argued over time and time again, but are still considered slurs on the server. Again, I don't really care if the warn stays or not, but it's clear that you knew something was amiss about the word.

An aside: there have been some...interesting comments by you that I've heard, and that you've admitted to saying in this very post. To answer your concern on how people can be funny without saying things that are "objectively" or "subjectively" funny, people have been funny on this server for years without coming close to saying what you have said. Actual comedians have been funny without coming close to saying what you have said. Subjectively, the comments are not funny. Objectively, well I can't speak for everyone.
-1 for unban didn't even spell it right
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously

(02-16-2024, 12:52 AM)EpicGuy Wrote: Here are screenshots of you saying what you said, twice, which ultimately led to the slur warning: https://imgur.com/a/kuHuSPr

I've always known that word to be a slur, but apparently there is a movement of reappropriation to reclaim the word. If there is a reappropriation movement, in my mind, that means the word is a "banned" word, as you called it. If the admins want to remove the warn, fine. I'm not going to argue over a warn.

What I will bring up is that you used the word as a "double entendre" meaning that you knew the word was, at minimum, inappropriate. There are other words that are contextually or culturally fine (like the N word, cigarette word, and the car part word) that have been brought up and argued over time and time again, but are still considered slurs on the server. Again, I don't really care if the warn stays or not, but it's clear that you knew something was amiss about the word.

An aside: there have been some...interesting comments by you that I've heard, and that you've admitted to saying in this very post. To answer your concern on how people can be funny without saying things that are "objectively" or "subjectively" funny, people have been funny on this server for years without coming close to saying what you have said. Actual comedians have been funny without coming close to saying what you have said. Subjectively, the comments are not funny. Objectively, well I can't speak for everyone.
I didn't sense that anything was amiss, otherwise I wouldn't have said it twice. Also, it's stupid that the word is being reappropriated and isn't acceptable. I'm partially a member of the lgbtq community.
(02-16-2024, 12:57 AM)smurfy_beefjerky Wrote:

(02-16-2024, 12:52 AM)EpicGuy Wrote: Here are screenshots of you saying what you said, twice, which ultimately led to the slur warning: https://imgur.com/a/kuHuSPr

I didn't sense that anything was amiss, otherwise I wouldn't have said it twice. Also, it's stupid that the word is being reappropriated and isn't acceptable. I'm partially a member of the lgbtq community.
...you either are or you aren't..? 

but anyway 
that word has been used as a very negative slur for a long time lmao? but it being 'reappropriated' helps your case, not hurts it
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
"Also, I said oop, so it was obviously a joke. I don't understand why certain topics are overall taboo and can never be discussed, it wasn't even accusatory. It was an off comment with comedic intent." Pedo Joke was the warning you were given as the server does not allow any mentions of pedophilia or calling other members pedophiles in any way. If you did not know this after 3 years then you now know. Also the way that you used that word has nothing to do with geology so...
Quite the situation. -1