Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Changes to Reputation System and Some Thoughts
(03-29-2024, 10:35 PM)Damien Wrote: let's kill the forums and remove rep again :D
Would it kill it because from a previous post that someone said, that people would agree/disagree with a post instead of bloating a thread with similar replies. I'm not great with words so it was defo easier to do that, but its less posts for the forum that way.
(03-29-2024, 10:55 PM)Dinomoto Wrote: snip
last time we removed rep the forums were dead, nobody did any posts other than appeals and ban requests
Ah yes let’s remove the rep I can’t wait to see only staff apps and ban requests on forums! Let’s turn this site into just official business
me when my only motivation for communicating with others is internet points
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(03-30-2024, 01:32 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: me when my only motivation for communicating with others is internet points
it's more that the fake internet points are the only real way to have enjoy the forums when we have discord for quick communication, there's no real reason to /have/ forums aside from it being easier to find specific conversations than threads, which are becoming much more user-friendly all the time

this isn't just a problem here, but with forums as a whole, that's why most games have a dedicated discord server now with several offshoots for niche things instead of a forum that does the same

also, my two cents are the same as they have been for years, everyone just needs to stop taking everything so seriously all the time, there are some things that are serious, of course, but...an unban request from a shitty person that is objectively in the wrong? yeah, shitposting is going to happen, dragging shitty people is fun and should be encouraged imo, this community has never been shy about it in the past and shouldn't be, that's honestly probably part of why it's been a thing for so long, no fear of getting shitty people out as a group

honestly a somewhat...different? (better isn't the right word, it has its problems mainly in that it's a bit more work for staff and requires even more discretion) way to deal with it would staff being able to mark threads as serious only, and when you go to post a message, you have to hit a little checkbox that says "this isnt a shitpost" or whatever to send it so you're actively acknowledging that it's supposed to be being taken seriously at this point, if that's something that could even be possible, not sure on limitations of the forums

because, again, dragging shitty people on the internet is fun, and fake internet points just provides an incentive to provide that negative experience for those shitty people c:
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(03-30-2024, 01:32 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: me when my only motivation for communicating with others is internet points
something something puppies and kittens
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
people with bad takes are rejoicing right now
if you support removing rep entirely you hate puppies and kittens
(03-30-2024, 08:56 AM)Foxka Wrote:
something something puppies and kittens
MODS
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
Icey
[quote pid="156118" dateline="1711807568"]
people with bad takes are rejoicing right now
[/quote]

now I can freely make the most horrendous takes without any risk to my reputation (I care about my points so very much)
smh my head