Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough is Enough: Petition to upgrade 1-month discord ban to permanent.
This is absolutely ridiculous.
As someone who has never been friends (or even gotten along) with Hong, I'd be the first to +1 a ban request if he actually did something to warrant it. This shit ain't it, though.
It's terribly obvious that you took personal offense to Hong calling out the actions of another user when they applied for staff and decided to dredge all this up because you could no longer respond on that thread.
It was closed to prevent shit like this and you decided to keep it going.

Bringing up a community member's past behavior when they apply for staff is completely reasonable. Digging stuff up that had already been dealt with by staff ages ago just to fuel the flames in your little feud is petty and childish.

The only +1 I'm leaving in this thread is for an admin to close it and put a lid on this toxicity.
(04-25-2024, 07:11 PM)Ckg Wrote: Let's remind ourselves that the same people who are now saying that these screenshots aren't relevant were saying this only 2 hours ago:
[Image: image-2024-04-25-190348339.png][Image: image-2024-04-25-185844420.png][Image: image-2024-04-25-190012297.png][Image: image-2024-04-25-191044908.png]

Going off of what HONG said, he has demonstrated that he clearly has not "grown past all of this" and no more time is needed to prove it. HONG is currently banned on the TTT server for the exact same reason (anti-Hispanic racism). That is why I am advocating for you to be permanently discord banned.

HONG has a demonstrated pattern of making these comments, and has continued to do so even 3 years down the line after multiple warnings, verbal and official. HONG will not get better because he cannot help himself. This behavior is ingrained into his person and a response should be taken that is in line with that revelation.

see, the thing about the evidence pulled then and the evidence pulled now is the evidence pulled for Titan was from his period of highest activity, he hasn't interacted much with the community really at all since resigning, hong has consistent activity throughout all the time taken from this screenshots, but aside from the recent ban (which he's punished for) what real recent evidence is there against him?

also, Titan's interactions with the community *should* be studied if he's applying for discord staff, this should apply to *everyone* applying for discord staff as they are the most community interactive staff position offered, so they should mesh fine with the community
[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-25-2024, 07:12 PM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: Into the fryer.

Whether I like hong is immaterial. These are the facts: ckg has presented multiple pieces of evidence that, quite frankly, are old enough to rightfully warrant the question of "is this the hong of today?"

It isn't. That was hong circa 2021, 2022. It is 2024.

If you want to present evidence, ckg, and you claim it is there, where is it?

This whole request is, at best, flawed, and at worst, a personal attack.
Is it true hong said not nice things? Yeah, two years ago.

Rolling out a perma on two year old evidence doesn't sit well with me as it sets a dangerous precedent.
-1 unless there is compelling recent evidence.
He is currently banned on the TTT server (a 4 week ban) for calling people of Latino descent "subhuman". The evidence in this post was included to prove a consistent pattern (3+ years) of this behavior in light of the recent ban.
(04-25-2024, 07:11 PM)Ckg Wrote: Let's remind ourselves that the same people who are now saying that these screenshots aren't relevant were saying this only 2 hours ago:
[Image: image-2024-04-25-190348339.png][Image: image-2024-04-25-185844420.png][Image: image-2024-04-25-190012297.png][Image: image-2024-04-25-191044908.png]

Going off of what HONG said, he has demonstrated that he clearly has not "grown past all of this" and no more time is needed to prove it. HONG is currently banned on the TTT server for the exact same reason (anti-Hispanic racism). That is why I am advocating for you to be permanently discord banned.

HONG has a demonstrated pattern of making these comments, and has continued to do so even 3 years down the line after multiple warnings, verbal and official. HONG will not get better because he cannot help himself. This behavior is ingrained into his person and a response should be taken that is in line with that revelation.

As at least three others have said about the topic of using old evidence, nothing is wrong with doing that in a thread for advancement (either a staff app, ban appeal, etc). Not a witch-hunt ban request.
(04-25-2024, 06:37 PM)Ckg Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 06:23 PM)HONG Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 06:17 PM)Ckg Wrote: snip
snip
What about the other stuff? What about your pattern of racism? Thanks for latching onto one minute thing and disregarding the majority like you also have a habit of.
The person you claimed who I targeted who "left the community" is still in the community and I leave them alone now for a good reason after discussing it with an admin; the repeated edgy and racist comments you've brought up are old, but relevant as I was recently banned for reaching the point threshold after I received my first and only warning for racism on TTT. The 2-3 year old logs are worth looking at and not ignoring unless in the case of a staff app or appeal as the past should never be ignored as an important part of progressing and growing as a person, and I no longer want to be that edgy person that makes those types of comments for reasons obvious. To say it's just not a good look is a gross understatement. I've especially expressed this to friends but also to those I'm not so chummy with. And now I'm punished for a lack of improvement. 
(04-25-2024, 06:56 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: and in case anyone goes there, no I am not "defending hong", you stupid as hell for saying shit like that
yeah u right

-1 i dont think i should be banned pemanently i think

(04-25-2024, 07:16 PM)Ckg Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 07:12 PM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: snip
He is currently banned on the TTT server (a 4 week ban) for calling people of Latino descent "subhuman".
this was directed towards an individual i have history with rather than their people
(04-25-2024, 07:17 PM)Tristan Tactful Nuts Wrote:

As at least three others have said about the topic of using old evidence, nothing is wrong with doing that in a thread for advancement (either a staff app, ban appeal, etc). Not a witch-hunt ban request.
Witch hunt ban requests? That sounds oddly… topical
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I will say Hong is toxic af and probably shoulda been permaed a long time ago, but as of now there is nothing that should be done as this was handled at the time. However, I will say it was handled incorrectly, but none the less it was handled. Honestly, I know of people that have been permaed for less shit than Hong has done. I am going to -1 for now only due to what I have stated above.
Don't really think there's much of a need to perma using old messages/evidence, just let him work up to it with his current behavior. On TTT, dudes 4-points away from a perma so he's pretty close anyway. 

and for anyone saying this is just past behavior, all you gotta do is search in the relay and you can see it's still going on at least somewhat (there's more, just an example):

[Image: 7NuNOYK.png]
[Image: FZxEbKr.gif]
(04-25-2024, 07:17 PM)Tristan Tactful Nuts Wrote: As at least three others have said about the topic of using old evidence, nothing is wrong with doing that in a thread for advancement (either a staff app, ban appeal, etc). Not a witch-hunt ban request.
This you on a resignation thread from 2 weeks ago?:

[Image: image-2024-04-25-193446152.png]

Stand by your statements. Don't only say they apply when the point made is to your liking.
Yeah this should probably be closed tbh. Any further evidence should be sent to le Admins.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]