Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My reply to ckg's thread.
(04-26-2024, 04:51 PM)Tristan Tactful Nuts Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 04:38 PM)Jawa Wrote: -snip yapping-

You need time away from the server, its just not getting through to you what you're like for other people, and you seem to care so much about how others are acting when you are behaving worse.

Agreed! The admins should give him a 4 week ban and put him a few points away from a perma ban! Oh wait.. I think they already did that..

Repeated harassment is a perm-ban offence, and as we can see he isn't perm banned, even though Lemon told him over and over to stop and he did not, an Admin had to get involved and he laughed about it. He has been given his chances and has done nothing for it. Too many people have been negatively effected by him, he's not apologized to any sincerely, and he has not changed his behavior, these past few weeks have shown him to get worse.

I understand he's your friend, but this what I mean when I say we need an end to this echo-chamber tribal bullshit, he's done wrong, over and over, shown no regret, and now needs to be punished.
[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]
(04-26-2024, 04:16 PM)HONG Wrote: -snip-

There's really nothing else from me that needs saying since there's a good reason that I'm 4 points away from a permanent ban on TTT right now as Saylor said

You could apologize?
(04-26-2024, 05:09 PM)chelllman Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 04:16 PM)HONG Wrote: -snip-

There's really nothing else from me that needs saying since there's a good reason that I'm 4 points away from a permanent ban on TTT right now as Saylor said

You could apologize?
I already have apologized to several people affected by my actions, I just chose to do so outside of the thread as that seems someone disingenuous and prompted only by public pressure rather than a genuine desire to improve (which is not what I want to convey)
Sorry but this was posted hours ago, you saw it the minute after it went up, and it wasn't until Jawa brought it up that you reached out to me to apologize.
I won't be posting, for now, what you sent me, (and this next part might be me reading too much into it), but it felt like you mocked part of what I said here in your apology.
(04-26-2024, 05:27 PM)LemonTiara Wrote: Sorry but this was posted hours ago, you saw it the minute after it went up, and it wasn't until Jawa brought it up that you reached out to me to apologize.
I won't be posting, for now, what you sent me, (and this next part might be me reading too much into it), but it felt like you mocked part of what I said here in your apology.
I was formulating what I wanted to say for a bit since we haven't spoken 1 on 1 in a while (and also needed help finding your discord tag since we share 1 random server) but my apology is genuine and none of it was intended to be or sound mocking
I have to agree with others. Hong's name has been popping up all over the place and this shit has got to stop. Honestly, I feel that the pattern of racist behavior warrants a longer punishment. This is considered harassment at this point. I am a Latino as well so I do not find Hong's comments about my culture funny by any means. I feel this needs to be revisited and punishment needs to be handed out. I truly feel Hong has no real remorse for his actions as he continues to do it even after "apologizing". All I see in this thread is no responsibility taken and deflecting from the truth.
(04-26-2024, 05:38 PM)Blu Wrote: Don't forget Hong supported a bully but immediately withdrew when they saw the ratio. Pathetic... 
what purpose does this serve other than to just flame in an otherwise civil and constructive discussion
(04-26-2024, 04:16 PM)HONG Wrote: The title of the thread was a very poor choice and as a result many of the people supported the villainizing of Reina, resulting in her being harassed and leaving the community. Several people there used lifting someone up as a means and excuse to disparage someone else.

Ill be quite honest here and say that your -1ing of the original thread and some of the posts that were showing support for hoy made me quite angry. Yes, the original thread title was quite aggressive towards reina, but that's where it stopped. The rest of the post was someone being extremely vulnerable about how recent events have affected their mental health outside of this community.

I've spent 15 minutes staring at what I've written so far because there are a lot more feelings I want to put on paper, but I just cant find the right words for them.

I dont think that anyone here is a bad person. And I mean fundamentally bad. But I do think that a lot of people need to learn that there are consequences to things said and done that go beyond a computer screen. Things that cant simply be turned off. People on both sides of this great divide have been hurt, and some dont even have the ability to voice their pain due to being banned, or out of fear of retribution, or just because the fight has left them so jaded that the pain just starts to numb out.

There are no winners or losers. The only result so far has been pain, and it makes me incredibly sad.
(04-26-2024, 05:38 PM)Blu Wrote: Don't forget Hong supported a bully but immediately withdrew when they saw the ratio. Pathetic... 

[Image: ISOsif9.jpg]

[Image: lsoF9TF.jpg]
This alone proves that it's a ongoing behavior issue and not something I'm comfortable with having around in the community. HONG has never shown me any remorse and certainly not any to others he has bullied on server(until just now after backlash has appeared.) I just don't see the benefit of keeping him even if he has 'one more chance' on TTT with 4 points until a perma.

Hong, i think for the betterment of yourself as well as the community, that it's best for you to be removed from Dinks. This behavior has gone on long enough.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(04-26-2024, 05:07 PM)Jawa Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 04:51 PM)Tristan Tactful Nuts Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 04:38 PM)Jawa Wrote: -snip yapping-

You need time away from the server, its just not getting through to you what you're like for other people, and you seem to care so much about how others are acting when you are behaving worse.

Agreed! The admins should give him a 4 week ban and put him a few points away from a perma ban! Oh wait.. I think they already did that..

-snip- 
I understand he's your friend, but this what I mean when I say we need an end to this echo-chamber tribal bullshit, he's done wrong, over and over, shown no regret, and now needs to be punished.

+1 to you for the sensible reply. I get it. I ran a community at least equal to the size of dinks for a long time. We didn’t have multiple game modes like here, but we had multiple TTT servers that held healthy player counts. These actions probably would’ve gotten Hong banned on there (sorry Hong). I don’t dispute that. What I take issue with as a leader is that actions were already taken for these offenses (including the most recent one) and we’re now trying to tack on additional punishments after the fact. The four week ban was justified, a permanent ban would’ve been justified, but that wasn’t the decision that was made and dragging out three-year-old screenshots by people feeding into the drama train, does not warrant revising what was already done in my opinion. If it continues, absolutely drop the hammer but this isn’t it.