Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solutions
Have you all tried turning Dinks off and back on again? Generally that fixes most issues.

In all seriousness, it sounds like you all need a community town hall meeting or something similar so things can be discussed. I do not know if one has happened recently but some people keep talking about wanting clear communication and it sounds like an overall shitshow in discord given what I have seen with cruising through some of the "popular" threads right now. Having an open forum where people can fully explain things in chat and vc, one or two at a time where everyone can explain their concerns, how they approached things, and what the point of it all was could be of some benefit. Looking at things after the act, without context, or assumptions made over reading text, can easily lead to unnecessary discourse. With that, some of you could build understanding with one another, you can see why people acted in such ways or what the purpose of said acts were.

I will not be participating just an idea that some people could look into, assuming it hasn't been attempted and blew up dramatically.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(04-29-2024, 10:43 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Have you all tried turning Dinks off and back on again? Generally that fixes most issues.

In all seriousness, it sounds like you all need a community town hall meeting or something similar so things can be discussed. I do not know if one has happened recently but some people keep talking about wanting clear communication and it sounds like an overall shitshow in discord given what I have seen with cruising through some of the "popular" threads right now. Having an open forum where people can fully explain things in chat and vc, one or two at a time where everyone can explain their concerns, how they approached things, and what the point of it all was could be of some benefit. Looking at things after the act, without context, or assumptions made over reading text, can easily lead to unnecessary discourse. With that, some of you could build understanding with one another, you can see why people acted in such ways or what the purpose of said acts were.

I will not be participating just an idea that some people could look into, assuming it hasn't been attempted and blew up dramatically.
I think its been suggested but hasn't happened yet, its still in the making from around February I believe.
I do agree with a town hall, i did a few during my admin tenure, and I feel a well-run townhall could help bring closure to many of these issues.
Common Fish W
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(04-29-2024, 11:02 PM)Jammin Wrote: I do agree with a town hall, i did a few during my admin tenure, and I feel a well-run townhall could help bring closure to many of these issues.
Common Fish W
[Image: image.png?ex=6631bf28&is=66306da8&hm=f9b...90dc03c9d&]
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(04-29-2024, 10:43 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Have you all tried turning Dinks off and back on again? Generally that fixes most issues.

Mandatory @caribou concert needed to lift our spirits.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fboyki...ipo=images]
Convince the Avatar (Jesse) to return to bring balance

A town hall would probably help at the very least improve the communications among the community. If that was being formulated back in February, this would be a time better than ever to try and make it happen.
smh my head
I can see where a town hall would be nice and all, but let's be honest: it would serve the same point as another "Addressing the Toxicity" post here on the forums, but in live action. Questions will be brought up, and answered, and then hell will be raised if the answer doesn't meet the standards that each individual will have, which doesn't match the same standards as another.

Stop fucking witchhunting each individual person, because nobody is perfect. Everybody has history they are ashamed about. Save the witchhunting for those who actually deserve it.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(04-30-2024, 05:03 AM)Summer Wrote: I can see where a town hall would be nice and all, but let's be honest: it would serve the same point as another "Addressing the Toxicity" post here on the forums, but in live action. Questions will be brought up, and answered, and then hell will be raised if the answer doesn't meet the standards that each individual will have, which doesn't match the same standards as another.

Stop fucking witchhunting each individual person, because nobody is perfect. Everybody has history they are ashamed about. Save the witchhunting for those who actually deserve it.
this is a 50/50 possinilty imo, the difference between the forums and a verbal town hallw ould be hearing the tone in the way someone speaks rather than assuming from the way they text (which is really hard to know for sure the actual tone of.) Also, getting words out verbally is a lot helpful to some, i think it'd personally be a lot more effective to act least try for one.
(04-30-2024, 05:21 AM)cow Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 05:03 AM)Summer Wrote: I can see where a town hall would be nice and all, but let's be honest: it would serve the same point as another "Addressing the Toxicity" post here on the forums, but in live action. Questions will be brought up, and answered, and then hell will be raised if the answer doesn't meet the standards that each individual will have, which doesn't match the same standards as another.

this is a 50/50 possinilty imo, the difference between the forums and a verbal town hallw ould be hearing the tone in the way someone speaks rather than assuming from the way they text (which is really hard to know for sure the actual tone of.) Also, getting words out verbally is a lot helpful to some, i think it'd personally be a lot more effective to act least try for one.

Yes of course there's a 50/50 chance. There's always a chance that it will help some, but not all. Big picture is Pandora's Box has been opened, and that lid will be very difficult to close, if at all. You're going to do damage reduction here, but the damage is irreparable.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(04-30-2024, 03:37 PM)Summer Wrote: Yes of course there's a 50/50 chance. There's always a chance that it will help some, but not all. Big picture is Pandora's Box has been opened, and that lid will be very difficult to close, if at all. You're going to do damage reduction here, but the damage is irreparable.

I would rather the community take a chance with doing a verbal discussion over continuing to be keyboard warriors on the forums
smh my head