Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trappy Cottage Suggestion Thread
As most of you probably know, ttt_trappycottage_b2 is going to be/was removed, for reasons you can look into hither: http://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/thread-2180.html

Please leave any suggestions to improve this map here.

To condense, these are the bullet points:
  • Becomes a nightmare with more than 20 or so people
    T's can buy a jihad long before people get through the door and wait for the fireplace to open. Not a fault of the map maker, as TTT was designed with about 24 players in mind.

• Traps are intentionally usable by both Inno's and T's, leading to confusion on how some of them work, notably the water trap.

• Semi-broken cryptic teleporter
    At some point, a long forgotten gmod update broke transparency on objects, leading to some confusion about the teleporter to the space ship.
          The idea is, you bring an assortment of objects to it, and they get placed on the tray. However, they are completely opaque by default, so there is no way to track which objects have been brought back. Even the transparency on the windows in the ship is broken.

I am proficient in the software used to create maps, Hammer Editor, and I know how to decompile these maps for edits. 

So far, 4 of my maps have been introduced into the circulation.

My idea to fix the first issue is to open up the upper skybox, so that you can freely roam up there, meaning one jihad has less of a chance to mutilate the entire server. Other ideas, like simply spreading out the spawns along the map, have also been suggested, but I believe that goes against the maps' design.

However, it is not my place to solely choose what and what not to change in a map that the community plays. 
For this reason, I am opening up this thread for people to leave their ideas, related to this issues or not.

Thanks, ya boi spicy
[Image: wXT38jo.gif]
Here's my suggestion: either make it a much, much bigger map or delete it
why not just spread the spawns around the map to avoid the clusterfuck in the cabin. as for traps they all have skulls and should be a common sense nono. and as for the objectives im not a great mapper so it may just have to be something we live with
The maps meant for 24 players, but it's fully playable beyond the spawn itself. Just spread some of the spawns around from the top of the cabin to the bottom. If the traps are still a problem, perhaps we need the map removed. But it would suck because I do love this map, I think people just hate it because of the spawn. Take that out of the picture(and maybe the traps; this can be moderated easily) and you have a pretty cool objective map.

I also really like the increase room to the skybox idea you have preached Key, that would be very helpful no matter the outcome of this.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(07-13-2017, 05:05 PM)Christian Wrote: The maps meant for 24 players, but it's fully playable beyond the spawn itself. Just spread some of the spawns around from the top of the cabin to the bottom.

Thank you for your input. What do you mean by "from the top of the cabin to the bottom"?
[Image: wXT38jo.gif]
(07-13-2017, 05:13 PM)An Ol Wrote:
(07-13-2017, 05:05 PM)Christian Wrote: The maps meant for 24 players, but it's fully playable beyond the spawn itself. Just spread some of the spawns around from the top of the cabin to the bottom.

Thank you for your input. What do you mean by "from the top of the cabin to the bottom"?

have people spawn in the labyrinth underground
(07-13-2017, 05:13 PM)An Ol Wrote: Thank you for your input. What do you mean by "from the top of the cabin to the bottom"?

Like spread some of the spawn points out. Put some of the spawn points in the lower parts of the map (not only the top) of the cabin. It'd give more freedom of ease for the map to get a head start like most people like. The opening of the skybox will be a great idea like you preached, but you gotta remember how narrow those doors are and EVERYONE is going to try to get in at once. I think adding a few spawn points below the cabin would help out map the spawns less cluttered.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Add more to the upper and lower floors, add some easter eggs, and a music room with at LEAST Redbone playing in it. thank u