Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Stop Cheaters.
"sv_allowcslua"

Okay so if you know anything about Gmod Cheating or Anti Gmod cheating you will know that cheaters normaly use something called "lua" and this is a coding language for gmod.
Cheaters make lua scripts and if the server "wich the dark rp servers do have on" sv_allowcslua enabled people can use there own Lua scripts The command basicly means:
 sv(server) allow cs(Client Side) Lua 1 (enabled)
So if any admins have access to the RCON console please do sv_allowcslua 0  For the sake of the community.

"VAC"

What is VAC vac (Valve Anti Cheat) is pretty good for most games, However when it comes to Garry's mod VAC say's it is on. but it's not. Garry Disabled vac for Gmod Due to the whole lua and custom DLL's Gmod uses it would VAC innocent Players.

"Good Anti Cheats"
I have never found A N Y good gmod anti cheats the only "Good" anti cheat i found was one were it stops you from opening the console and after doing it 3 times it would AUTO ban you. but thats not really "effective".

"reporting"
Once again reporting someone to valve does nothing Due to VAC Not working.
There is only 2 ways to get banned from gmod, being banned from The server (duh) or being banned by Garry Himself (game banned).
I honestly can't believe someone made an "anti-cheat" where opening the console would ban you. Console is used for a variety of things other than executing lua script, such as binding keys, changing settings you are unable to change in the options menu, debugging (not so much for everyone), etc. I find it absurdly idiotic that someone would make a script that prevents you from, and/or bans you, from using console as console is *built into the game*. You can /even/ run scripts without using console by putting them in your autorun file.

I believe sv_allowcslua is disabled by default for obvious reasons. And even so, you can /still/ execute lua scripts by injecting a bypasser DLL into your game (yeah, I used to hack on other servers). There are other good anti-cheats including the one we have that tells you what commands/tables the person has in their game (and tells admins if one of them isn't in the game by default, kind of a red flag), one that bans you if you execute any client-side script, one that bans you for bypassing sv_allowcslua, etc.

tl;dr: Anti-cheats that ban you for using console are retarded, changing sv_allowcslua barely fixes the problem due to injected bypassers that set this value to 1 for your game.
[Image: laXmwYH.gif]
(08-12-2017, 04:12 PM)Setro Wrote: I honestly can't believe someone made an "anti-cheat" where opening the console would ban you. Console is used for a variety of things other than executing lua script, such as binding keys, changing settings you are unable to change in the options menu, debugging (not so much for everyone), etc. I find it absurdly idiotic that someone would make a script that prevents you from, and/or bans you, from using console as console is *built into the game*. You can /even/ run scripts without using console by putting them in your autorun file.

I believe sv_allowcslua is disabled by default for obvious reasons. And even so, you can /still/ execute lua scripts by injecting a bypasser DLL into your game (yeah, I used to hack on other servers). There are other good anti-cheats including the one we have that tells you what commands/tables the person has in their game (and tells admins if one of them isn't in the game by default, kind of a red flag), one that bans you if you execute any client-side script, one that bans you for bypassing sv_allowcslua, etc.

tl;dr: Anti-cheats that ban you for using console are retarded, changing sv_allowcslua barely fixes the problem due to injected bypassers that set this value to 1 for your game.

Well i remeber trying to open the console would slap me, And after doing it 3 times i got the rank cheater and Flew up into the sky.
The console is used for far too many relevant things to make it inaccessible.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
Gotta kill yourself with console some times
(08-13-2017, 04:26 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: Gotta kill yourself with console some times
I just have that bound.
Nobody's favorite asshole, est. 2002