Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's a wonderful idea
(08-07-2017, 09:03 PM)~$$~ BlackCatTheGreat â™£â™£ Wrote: Look, gmod itself is pretty bad, but it doesn't help that we are force feeding it and this server garbage. There are definently things that can be done to fix a lot of these problems. Server i use to play on the owner custom coded 100% of it (except the base TTT gamemode but he definently did some stuff to it) Although he is a pretty intense pretty much professional  coder who worked on his server and community for years. Fixed shitboxes to, it was great. But really there are things that can be done, #1 is just going through the server and fixing things instead of adding more things.

Which is really the entire point of this thread. Making a push towards fixing current things. As well apposing the idea of adding new facets while allowing current ones to remain unstable and unreliable at best, inherently or entirely broken at worst.
I get one needs to keep a server from being dull to retain members. 
But I would like to think preventing further aggravations would have the same affect. 
If not with the added bonus of preventing new members from rage quitting and never returning because "this server is shit".
Something I hear from multiple people, multiple times a day. Some new, some regulars, some even staff. 
We have our base community. Let's work on retaining some new members with smooth working mechanics.
I know it's hard to believe but some people actually like playability and won't stay around just because a place has a warm and welcoming community.
(which let's be honest, is a stretch of adjectives when talking about this community sometimes.)
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms