Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need some clarification
Recently I've been hearing a lot of people saying things along the lines of "you're trusted, you're not supposed to do things while higher staff is on" and I've been a bit bothered by it.  That rule applies to donors, and people just don't seem to get that.  People seem to lack trust in the abilities of trusteds who have earned their ranks, and it's even more golden hearing these words come out of dtmods with less than 10 hours on the server (he is now banned for hacking btw).  I just wanted to make a post with the small chance that someone would read through my terrible writing skills and maybe agree with me, for anyone that managed to read this far, have a great day. ;))))
[Image: giphy.gif]
yes only donors shouldn't use their powers when staff is on. Trusted are staff, so they should do their damn job. If you catch anyone saying otherwise let us know so they can get got
Nice shitpost lol jk
Stop rubbing it in our faces that we cant use our powers.
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
nice subs at techno, helen ;)

rip techno 2017-2017, you will always be useless
[Image: source.gif]
Donors are able to use the powers with Staff on ONLY if Staff are unable to handle a mute or gag (Example: People are micspamming in dead chat, and the only Staff that are on are still alive.)

As far as Trusted can't handle reports, whoever continues to say this bullshit I will personally consider punishing you for this shit. Trusted are STAFF, and they've taken the time and dedication to get to where they're. You may think "They might not handle your reports correctly", but they're staff and they're to be treated as so. Even I rarely see Trusted make mistakes in their reports. I normally see them ask other staff questions actively, and doing their best to handle a situation (like harassment,reports,spamming,etc.)

Whoever you are, stop making up rules that they shouldn't handle reports at all. That's just stupid and 100% Untrue.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
By no means should trusted be denied the ability to handle reports.
For one, it's good practice in their rise to Moderator through the ranks.
For two, why is this even a problem? It gives you more time to play if you split the duties between all available staff.
For three, staff. They are staff. They get to do staff stuff.
The only individuals who should be told no to using powers is donors with staff online.
Even then, by your discretion, if the server is being highly unruly it's still helpful to let them mute/gag while you do ban requests or 12 slay reports or something.
Even then even then, like Christian already said.
We're a community, lets work together like one.

Though personally I do suggest, not impose, that any new staff take a day or a few to review how reports are handled before stepping up.
Even if that's something they chose to do though, I always throw straight forward reports their way.
By no means should you keep them from knowing how to do these things because odds are,
they will be stuck on alone at some point and treading in deep waters with a brick tied to their ankle because of it.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
I don't think staff is saying this, it's most likely players. Helen does great at handling reports and doing her job when she is on. Any staff can handle a situation in the server. Sometimes it might be wisest to step back and let upper staff handle a more extreme situation, but by no means do you have to. Stepping up and taking initiative is a good thing, not bad.
Camo, me and derpgamer were both told this by a donor testmod who was given this information by another donor test mod, yes I've heard it out of players mouths but when other staff are uninformed on it then it becomes a bigger issue
[Image: giphy.gif]